I've stayed at this hotel several times for business, but this hotel is not for everyone. Here's my list of the good and the bad:
1) Friendly and quick check-in. This hotel appears to be a high volume hotel, and the front desk staff gets you in and out quickly. There has always been at least two people at the check-in desk when I have been there. The check-in service is nothing memorable, but nothing negative to speak of either.
2) The location is excellent if you need to access downtown area or convention center quickly.
3) Running trails are adjacent to hotel property. If running or biking is your thing, then this hotel is a good pick for you. The trail runs alongside the lake adjacent to the hotel and goes for at least three miles. I only ran three miles and then turned around.
4) Clean rooms. I've never had an issue with a dirty room here. All of the rooms I've stayed in have been clean and stocked properly.
5) Full service hotel. I rarely ever have the need for a full service hotel, but every now and then it's nice to order room service or have a beer at the bar.
1) Price. The room prices are ridiculous at this hotel as well as others in the downtown area. If you don't mind being a short drive from downtown, there are much cheaper hotels to choose from in Buda, Sunset Valley, Pflugerville, Round Rock or the airport. Do not stay here if you're looking for a cheaper rate.
2) Parking. Parking can be a pain to figure out the first few times. There's a parking garage, but you have to take two different elevators to finally get to your room. Additionally, the parking spots are very narrow. On one occasion I had significant hood damage on my car from someone backing into it.
3) Rooms are nothing special. The rooms here are standard, older hotel rooms and nothing to be excited about (but they are clean). Some rooms have a nice view overlooking the lake, but you could also get a room overlooking the aweful Austin traffic on I-35.
4) The pool area is very small. I took my wife and two kids here one time and we were ok until three other people showed up to swim. It was too crowded after that.
5) TV is not HD. I'm still surprised at this one. Why would I want to pay twice the price for a hotel room and not get HD television? Just saying.
6) Internet is about as slow as it gets. If you have a 4G data tether option on your phone, don't even bother with the hotel internet connection. My connection speed was 5x faster on my phone than the hotel connection. It's hard to believe that a place this expensive doesn't even have up-to-date internet speeds. One more thing... what's up with changing the internet password the next day? Such a pain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Live Music Capital of the World!Stay at Austin s Holiday Inn Town Lake and experience the comfort of 321 guest rooms, most overlooking Austin s scenic Hike & Bike trail and Lady Bird Lake, plus 3400 sq. ft. of flexible meeting/banquet space. A 100% smoke free facility, we are centrally located on IH35 & Lady Bird Lake and offer complimentary shuttle service (based upon availability) to Austin downtown s major attractions such as Texas State Capitol, Austin Convention Center, the University of Texas, the world famous Sixth Street/Warehouse Entertainment Districts offering local favorite bands, clubs & restaurants, and Bergstrom International Airport (AUS).The Holiday Inn Town Lake captures Austin s unique flavor and atmosphere, with bike, Segway and kayak rentals in the lobby, complimentary media room offering free blockbuster movies, free Wi-Fi and complimentary garage and surface lot parking. Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, our Pecan Tree Restaurant offers casual dining at affordable prices and enjoy your favorite beverage and appetizer in our Tavern Lounge and view one of our three large flat screen TVs! Re-energize in our 24 hour exercise facility and outdoor heated roof top pool, which is the perfect place in Austin to enjoy a burnt orange Austin sunset! The Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake offers lots of services but our focus is to create a memorable experience at a reasonable price. Welcome to Austin and welcome to the Holiday Inn Town Lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake Hotel Austin
- Austin Holiday Inn