“Front Desk Manager Made My Day” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #91 of 183 hotels in Austin
Lubbock, Texas
“Front Desk Manager Made My Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I arrived at the hotel to be cheerfully greeted by the Front Desk Manager, Aaron Goman. I made a special request to have a King Room on the lake side as high up as we could get. Mr. Goman went out of his way to make our request happen. He was so professional and friendly, taking extra time to make sure that we were taken care of and explaining all the hotel amenities. As promised, the room was very nice with a beautiful view. We met friends for drinks in the bar which we found very cozy. The drinks and service were great with the drinks reasonably priced. I loved the "FREE" covered parking. The food and service at the breakfast buffet were excellent. But the very best thing at the hotel was Mr. Aaron Goman. He made my day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We’re elated that you enjoyed your stay and hope to host you again soon. Yes Aaron, our Front Desk Supervisor, represents us well. We strive at all levels to extend exemplary service to all guests, every day.

We’re also glad that you were able to enjoy some of our other amenities, like the free parking, it’s rare near the downtown area. Thanks for your comments, I’ll relay them to Aaron.

433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked a last minute trip for work to Austin and ended up staying through the weekend to enjoy the city. I was at first bummed that I was not downtown - but that changed quickly. The hotel has a free airport shuttle, the staff was always great and helpful, and the location ended up being amazing. It's just a few blocks from Rainey Street - which was way more fun than the downtown bars.

The hotel is a bit older, but it seems to have been remodeled and the rooms were nice and clean. My room was on a top floor facing the lake. Some rooms face the freeway and I'd probably want to avoid them as the freeway seemed like it may be loud. The rooftop pool had a great view of Lady Bird Lake, though it's a bit shallow (maybe 4 feet?) and no hot tub. Oh, and the wifi was free and pretty good.

While every staff member that I interacted with was great - I especially want to mention Amy Jo in the hotel bar. She was awesome, remembered our drinks, gave us great recommendations for the nightlife and was all around fantastic.

If I came back to Austin, I'd definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor, lake view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thanks so much for your kind words and compliments. I agree with you on our location, it’s the best of both worlds of close to downtown and the lake without some of the hassles of being in the city center. Yes, Rainey Street Rocks. Over the last year there have been at least 10 new spot including more restaurants. It’s like a block party every night now and only .2 miles away. Next time, perhaps we can drop you off there as we do for many guests.

Thanks too for your compliments to Amy. She’s relatively new and is really doing a great job in the Tavern. Come back soon, we’ll be waiting.
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Several restaurants within walking distance. Bat bridge (a must see) is about a mile down the trail. Staff was very helpful. Workout room overlooks pool, which overlooks lake. Both are kind of small but nice. New equipment in workout room. I like the fact the coke machine takes a card, don't have to scrounge for bills I rarely have.

Business Center is pretty nice, although I did keep having to reinstall the printer, and would recommend changing the desk jet with some sort of low end laser jet or all in one printer. I was there for a conference, and for our meals, the buffets were great and there was always plenty of food.

The projector screen is a little low in the Lantana rooms, but that is limited by ceiling height. Some of the other conference rooms have higher ceilings, so great over all. Service by staff was excellent for whatever was needed.

Overall I would stay there again if in area.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
We’re certainly glad you enjoyed your stay. Along with your associates, groups like yours are a vital element of our market mix and we strive to excel in every way.

There are more and more restaurants and night spots popping up in the area particularly along Rainey Street. Next time you’re here, our shuttle can drop you off at the end of the street and you can take in what Rainey Street has to offer and it’s only .2 miles from our front door.

Thanks too for the suggestion about our printer. Indeed that’s an option we’ve been considering.
Thanks for the compliments and come back and see us soon.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed here for two nights and can't really find much that was bad about our stay, except that the roof top pool is about four feet deep... at the deep end!

Minor complaint aside, although you are right next to the freeway (which our room faced), we had no real noise from outside and no problems sleeping. The room was a decent size with comfy beds, the bathroom a little small but kept clean and the wireless was free and worked everywhere we went in the hotel.

Although it is a 15-20 minute walk to the city centre, they offer a free shuttle bus at certain times which is a real bonus. Rainy Street is a very short distance away and as the hotel is by the lake, you can rent kayaks nearby. There is also a decent bar downstairs near the lobby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thanks for the great review. All I can say is that I totally agree with you. It appears that you took advantage of many of our unique amenities and enjoyed them.

Yes Rainey Street is an up and coming entertainment district. I walked there yesterday and it took 8 minutes. We’re glad you found the hotel clean and comfortable, that’s our goal and we strive to deliver that to every guest.
Come again soon and enjoy..
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

As we booked late, and there were several events in Austin, hotel options were limited. We chose this hotel due to proximity to the city and other attractions. I would opt to stay outside the city rather than this property if given the chance again. Pros: free shuttle service from airport and town; rooftop pool. Cons: Old, musty decor and interior; big bugs; rooms face the highway/noise; mediocre-poor service; price for what you're getting. If you must stay here, ask for a refurbished room on a higher floor and not facing the highway. But overall, you're better off staying outside of town and cabbing/walking for this price.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you want a good room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thanks for the constructive review. Although we didn’t live up to your expectations, we appreciate your business. I would like to point out that all our rooms were renovated in 2008. Unfortunately, we get heavy use and do our best to maintain Holiday Inn standards.

Our rates generally represent a good value against our competition but rates in Austin are the highest in the state at this point. I’m surprised at the comment on our service, we generally get glowing reviews on our staff. If there was a particular associate that was not helpful and courteous, we’d certainly like to know.

Our goal is to provide great service to every single guest. We hope you give us another try to provide that to you.
Plano, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

The rooms are very small, bathroom is very small, sink area and closet are very small. Wireless internet is very weak, get your own hotspot because don't make hopes on having good reception. I arrived with my family and I am a gold member priority club, so I should get better room or get upgrades, however, I got very bad old room, old carpet and very small two bed room.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Although we didn’t live up to your expectations, thanks for staying with us. Our policy is to upgrade out Priority Club Members but depending on occupancy and the time of your arrival, that’s not always possible.

Basically, all of our double rooms are equipped with double beds. The bath area in our Capital Tower are slightly smaller but all rooms have the same décor and amenities. In relation to our WiFi, we upgraded to a larger bandwidth last summer. Unfortunately, if there are many guests online at once, the signal and speed will suffer.

We hope you’ll give another chance the next time you are in Austin.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed at this facility for three weeks in July 2012 for business with family. The hotel's location is ideal, as it is central to the popular locales.
I was pleased with the staff's service and performance.
We were located high in the tower by the lake. This made for a pleasant view. We did not experience highway noise.
The hotel is looking a little worn. but I would highly recommend the Holiday Inn Austin Town Lake.

Room Tip: Go high in the tower nearest to lake.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
It sounds as if you had enough time with us to explore the area around the hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed the location and our amenities. We do have some rooms with great views.

Thanks for your kind words and be sure to look us up the next time Austin is in your travel plans.

Been to Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake? Share your experiences!