“All around excellent place to stay in Austin” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #94 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Daytona Beach, Florida
“All around excellent place to stay in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the last few years as an airline crew member on overnights and visiting my daughter who is in school in Austin.

The location right by the lake with its ride/running trails is perfect for getting out for some exercise. The hotel is also only about 5 blocks down from Famous 6th street. There are lots of small eateries and clubs in the mixed use neighborhood adjacent to the hotel so walking into the heart of downtown is interesting.

The hotel has a decent gym and very nice pool deck on top of the parking garage overlooking the lake. The food and drink in the bar and restaurant are good for hotel fare and the staff is always very prompt and friendly.

One last amenity worth mentioning is the segway/bike/boat rental company based in the hotel. The segway tours are a lot of fun and worth the price. The bikes are in decent condition compared to many other places I have rented and the price for bike rentals is very good. Honestly, a bike is the best way to get around the university and downtown areas of Austin during daylight and these guys make it so convenient and easy.

Room Tip: I prefer south tower rooms with a lake view but they can get hot with afternoon sun. North tower ea...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Just had a great 4 day stay here for SXSW. Conveniently located to everything, views of the lake, and a short walk to most things of interest. Pedi cabs easily available, and a great shuttle service running on the 1/2 hour. Concierge is very helpful, and attentive. Best of all was our Manager Jesse!! He was incredibly helpful, always positive, and incredible service. Was a great resource for us, and a fantastic problem solver for last minute changes and details. I love flexible - on the fly service - with a big smile. The fact that this is a Holiday Inn with that kind of attention blew me away. Not what you'd usually be thinking.

• Stayed March 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I always judge a hotel by how accommodating, knowledgeable and helpful are the late night staff. The Holiday Inn Town Lake exceeded all my expectations. David, in particular, was a joy behind the front desk and was extremely helpful and professional.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

The hotel is in a great location and super close to 6th street. A front desk worker named David was especially helpful! He was my favorite employee. He has a great attitude while working with customers. Thanks David

Room Tip: Mention that you would like a room FACING the lake...or you will end up facing the highway.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
todped, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Thanks for mentioning David, he is outstanding and makes our guests feel right at home. Some people are just meant to be in the Hospitality Industry. Our goals is to have every guest go check out having a completely successful stay, no matter what brought them to town. We hope to see you again soon.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I travel to Austin every spring break with my rowing team. The staff here is all around welcoming and friendly. This year Jesse made my stay even better than normal! He made sure that the shuttle dropped me off and picked me up on time from any place I needed to be. He made sure I had everything I needed and was very helpful on giving recommendations of great places to go and eat at. The view of the water from my hotel room was an extra bonus that I enjoyed.

Room Tip: Water view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
We're honored that your team chose our property to train and are alway happy to go above and beyond to make your stay special. Jesse is our Front Office Manager but still takes the time to drive guest around town and is a font of information about the local area. Yes there are great things to do and see as well as fabulous places to eat. We love our rowers, please come back next year.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I traveled to Austin for Spring training with my rowing team. Austin is a big city with lots of things to see and do, unfortunately I did not have a car. However, Jesse went above and beyond all expectations by taking me anywhere I needed to go. He had a very pleasant attitude and truly loves serving others. The level of service he showed during my stay was one that I had never experienced at any other hotel. He wow'd me with his willingness to take me wherever I needed to go. Thank you!!

Room Tip: Water Views are awesome if you get a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
If I can speak for Jesse, thanks for the compliment. Our transportation capability is extensive. We not only go within the local area, we also provide complimentary transportation to and from the airport. I don't think any other property near downtown can say that.

We love our rowers. The location, right on Lady Bird Lake provides easy access to all kinds of water activities. We're the winter/spring base of numerous teams from across the upper US and do our best to provide a sound place to train and enjoy the city. Spread the word..
Trollhättan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Today Jesse, one of the drivers of the Hotel Taxi Shuttle, together with the working staff at the front desk, saved my day. I got lost and called the hotel that immediately sent out the shuttle to get me. This extra effort is just something that really should be acknowledged. The shuttle service that I get every morning to attend the conference I’m here for, and every afternoon to get back, is fantastic. I get friendly drivers all the time. I need to get the names for the other drivers as well (I have had three so far and all of them had been great) since they really should get full credit for being so professional, service minded and kind. Thank you!

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
We certainly enjoyed having you here and thanks so much for the glowing review. I say it every day, our people are our greatest asset. Yes our buffets are a hit on a regular basis. It shows because you don't just see other hotel guests, there are actually locals. Come back soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake? Share your experiences!