“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #93 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I travel to Austin every spring break with my rowing team. The staff here is all around welcoming and friendly. This year Jesse made my stay even better than normal! He made sure that the shuttle dropped me off and picked me up on time from any place I needed to be. He made sure I had everything I needed and was very helpful on giving recommendations of great places to go and eat at. The view of the water from my hotel room was an extra bonus that I enjoyed.

Room Tip: Water view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
todped, General Manager at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
We're honored that your team chose our property to train and are alway happy to go above and beyond to make your stay special. Jesse is our Front Office Manager but still takes the time to drive guest around town and is a font of information about the local area. Yes there are great things to do and see as well as fabulous places to eat. We love our rowers, please come back next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

I traveled to Austin for Spring training with my rowing team. Austin is a big city with lots of things to see and do, unfortunately I did not have a car. However, Jesse went above and beyond all expectations by taking me anywhere I needed to go. He had a very pleasant attitude and truly loves serving others. The level of service he showed during my stay was one that I had never experienced at any other hotel. He wow'd me with his willingness to take me wherever I needed to go. Thank you!!

Room Tip: Water Views are awesome if you get a room with a view of the river
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
If I can speak for Jesse, thanks for the compliment. Our transportation capability is extensive. We not only go within the local area, we also provide complimentary transportation to and from the airport. I don't think any other property near downtown can say that.

We love our rowers. The location, right on Lady Bird Lake provides easy access to all kinds of water activities. We're the winter/spring base of numerous teams from across the upper US and do our best to provide a sound place to train and enjoy the city. Spread the word..
Trollhättan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Today Jesse, one of the drivers of the Hotel Taxi Shuttle, together with the working staff at the front desk, saved my day. I got lost and called the hotel that immediately sent out the shuttle to get me. This extra effort is just something that really should be acknowledged. The shuttle service that I get every morning to attend the conference I’m here for, and every afternoon to get back, is fantastic. I get friendly drivers all the time. I need to get the names for the other drivers as well (I have had three so far and all of them had been great) since they really should get full credit for being so professional, service minded and kind. Thank you!

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
We certainly enjoyed having you here and thanks so much for the glowing review. I say it every day, our people are our greatest asset. Yes our buffets are a hit on a regular basis. It shows because you don't just see other hotel guests, there are actually locals. Come back soon!
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I travel to Austin on a regular basis and this hotel staff is so welcoming and accommodating. The view of Town Lake from the tower is awesome and access to walking trails, downtown venues, the accommodating staff, the bar food is good - bartender remembers clients - nice touch, and the reception desk, whether you call or come by in person are great. The hotel was built awhile ago, you could pay way more for another hotel that has been "updated" to all the touches that some people think "necessary" but if you want real people who care about your stay, this location is for you.
I go out of my way to make sure I stay at Austin Town Lake.

Room Tip: Ask to not be on the highway side of the hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
todped, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thanks so much for the outstanding review. Yes we do have great people and I'll be sure to share this with them. Our location on Lady Bird Lake is truly unique as it give us easy access to the lake and the highway. It also saves you from the hustle bustle of the city center. Thanks again and come back soon.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I've lived in Austin before and now my work brings me back thankfully. I love Austin's, beautiful scenery, college town craziness and liberally minded atmosphere. The hotel is not brand new and I know that.... but i come back because the Townlake view is peaceful and gorgeous. When I stay it allows me direct access to run a couple of miles of running the Townlake Hike & Bike Trail and a great view of hot studs. LOL

As a frequent traveler and Platinum Priority Club member, I am thankful that they have a heated pool and a laundry facility since I travel for weeks sometimes. At the front desk, Ashley and Mr. Marroquinn, provide prompt and friendly customer service in the event you experience difficulties or have concerns.

I will continue to come back and enjoy the beauty of Austin's Townlake at Holiday Inn as long as they continue to honor my university state rate and providing awesome customer service! Austin, I love you! =)

Room Tip: Good restaurants near Townlake like Chuys, Torchys Tacos and Madam Mams near UT campus on Guadalupe...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your kind words. Your experience is one that we strive every day to create for all our guests. As the first and last impression, our front office staff knows that they have the opportunity to set the stage for a good stay and leave a lasting impression until you return. You're always welcome.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed on the 8th floor in the West tower for 4 nights. Although it's next to the freeway, the noise on that side is minimal. Colleagues were in the older tower and complained of freeway noise. Our room, 818, was nicely decorated, gym on the 6th floor has 2 treadmills, 2 stair steppers, and 2 weight machines. Buffet breakfast is decent for about $10.00 with grits, oatmeal, two types of scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, yogurt, lots of fresh fruit. Wifi Internet spotty in rooms, very good in lobby. Free airport shuttle service is fabulous, and they give rides to local restaurants in-between airport pickups. Daniel is one of the drivers. Stella at the front desk is awesome!

Room Tip: Microwave and fridge in every room. Ask for a room in the West tower.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Great review and descriptions of our service and amenities. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back the next time Austin is in your travel plans.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

This is a great location, with easy access to Town Lake running trails and to the I-35. The property itself is tired and run down. It was the sort of room you wanted to be out of in the morning. The hotel lobby has no charm at all. The staff were friendly enough. We had a room just down from an ice-maching (the machine is right in the hallway) and every time someone used it, it sounded like it was right next to the bed.

Room Tip: Keep away from the ice-machines!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Austin-Town Lake? Share your experiences!