“Nice monstrous venue, good luck parking though” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Frank Erwin Center

The Frank Erwin Center
1701 Red River, Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
512 471 7744
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 143 Attractions in Austin
Type: Theaters, Cultural
austin, tx
3 attraction reviews
“Nice monstrous venue, good luck parking though”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is where the major shows come in Austin. Located just off the U.T. campus downtown, but without dedicated parking, it can be a nightmare to reach. LEave plenty early, but enjoy a good view and good acoustics.

Visited October 2012

Houston, Texas
18 attraction reviews
“Love the Game, Makeover the Center”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was in Austin 2/10/13 for UIL State Boys' Basketball Game. The game was very good however, the seats were so closed together no one had elbow room. I know it seems as if I am hard to please but I'm really not. It was about five us on the same row and no one could use the arm rest. We would stay longer if we were comfortable.

Visited March 2013
Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Fun Watching UT Longhorn Men's Basketball”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Last weekend, I visited the Frank Erwin Center (FEC) to watch the UT men's basketball game. I had not been there since Kevin Durant was a student/player for UT. I had a great time and the vendors provided a variety of affordable eats. It was a sold out game and while I had a great time watching the game from floor seats, I was disappointed they lost a close game to Kansas City Jayhawks. This is a great facility that holds nearly 20K patrons. I look forward to going to other events at the FEC. The downside of going here is limited parking near the venue. The cost of parking can be upwards of $20. If you plan to go to the FEC on the weekend, parking on the street is generally free but plan ahead because it goes quickly.

Visited January 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
17 attraction reviews
“An old place for new concerts.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I attended an Aerosmith concert recently and the acoustics of the place either are not to good, my seats were in a bad place for the loud music, but something happened. Call this place a mini Square Madison Arena. What is cool about this place is that it has pictures all around the hallway's perimeter with big framed pictures of all artists who have played a music concert there before. Parking goes for 20 bucks! Find a near by street and just walk to the place or take a carriage bike ride to the event.

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Worked events with this center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had the previledge to work with this center and their staff. Great job. Smooth going. Highly recommend them for your next venue.