Let me start by saying this is not an average Super 8. I'm sure it's a lovely hotel chain, but this particular location had way more amenities than I would have ever imagined.
My first experience with the hotel was calling for the airport shuttle when I arrived in Austin. The young lady was very kind and arrived in about 5 minutes. The shuttle was clearly marked and very comfortable. My husband had arrived the night before. He said check-in was effortless.
The room was a little small, but we really only needed it for a place to lay our heads. There was a large tv, DVD and VHS player, as well as a microwave/fridge, and chair with an ottoman. The bed was excellent, nay, heavenly. They had a "pillow bar" where you could borrow/purchase special pillows (body, memory foam, mp3 hook-up, etc). We actually did rent (small fee) a couple of movies that they had at the front desk. They had an excellent selection of fairly new and family films. The hotel also shows two free movies each night.
There was reasonable space in the bathroom on the counter and the shower had excellent water pressure.
They had a little electronic massage chair in the lobby. It's a little 3-foot-tall thing, but it is great. They also had individually packaged ice cream for sale. Between 6 and 9 they had coconut cake and various cookies as well as some kind of crystal light type beverage for free.
I really liked the breakfast bar. It reminded me of a Hampton Inn spread, but with Texas shaped waffles. I was so pleased.
The hotel was immaculate and I didn't notice any smells or anything distasteful at all as did some other reviewer. There is a Jack In The Box restaurant in a shared parking lot. I loved it. We don't have J.I.T.B. where we live. They have great tacos and milkshakes.
I also think I need to add that, yes, you should probably have a GPS in Austin. There is a lot to find. I mention this because another reviewer said the hotel was in the middle of nowhere. In fact it was only minutes from the University/downtown area, shopping areas, and there are several dining options on the access road nearby. The location was great because if it had been downtown we would have been stuck in traffic for quite a while.
I can't think of anything negative about this hotel. I would most definitely stay here again. It was so convenient and well worth the money.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Austin Airport, South Hotel Austin
- Super 8 Austin Airport, South Hotel
- Super 8 Hotel Austin
- Super 8 Austin
- Super Eight Austin
- Austin Super 8
- Austin Super Eight
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Convention Center, Sixth Street, University of Texas at Austin and Town Lake Super 8 Austin Airport, South hotel offers convenience to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and downtown Austin attractions. Situated off Interstate 35 and Highway 71, our Austin hotel is minutes from the vibrant arts and music scene on 6th Street. Rely on our non-smoking, Austin, TX hotel for value. Take advantage of conveniences like free Wi-Fi Internet access, well-lit free parking and guest laundry facilities. Our gym makes it easy to squeeze a workout into your busy day, and we offer a sauna if you need to unwind. Begin each morning with free SuperStart continental breakfast with bacon and waffles. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Super 8 Austin / Airport South hotel offers convenience to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and downtown Austin attractions. Situated off Interstate 35 and Highway 71, our Austin hotel is minutes from the vibrant arts and music scene on 6th Street. Rely on our non-smoking, Austin, TX hotel for value. Take advantage of conveniences like free Wi-Fi Internet access, well-lit free parking and guest laundry facilities. Our gym makes it easy to squeeze a workout into your busy day, and we offer a sauna if you need to unwind. Begin each morning with free SuperStart continental breakfast with bacon and waffles. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. LOCAL ATTRACTIONSOur Austin hotel is convenient to downtown Austin entertainment and attractions. Take a walk around Lady Bird Lake and check out Zilker Botanical Garden along the way. For live music, head to the venues of 6th Street and the Warehouse District, or catch a performance at Austin City Limits. If a campus visit is in your plans, University of Texas is close to our hotel, and major events and conferences at Austin Convention Center are also nearby. Explore Capitol Visitors Center, hike along Town Lake or bring your family to Austin Childrens Museum.DINING OPTIONSSeveral restaurants are within easy reach of our Austin, TX hotel. Try fried catfish or oysters at Catfish Parlour or Mexican food at El Meson. Other choices include 888 Pan Asian and Threadgills Home Cooking. TRANSPORTATION SERVICESReach your terminal in minutes with free shuttle service to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Our friendly staff can provide you with details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, EasyToBook, Expedia, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Super 8 Austin Airport, South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.