“Impressed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Austin Airport, South

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Austin Airport, South to your Saves list
Super 8 Austin Airport, South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3120 Montopolis Drive, Southwest corner of Highway 71 and Montopolis Drive. Behind Jack In The Box, Austin, TX 78744 (South Austin)   |
Ranked #34 of 184 Hotels in Austin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Waco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was the best Super 8 location that I have seen. The rates were reasonable, the room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. They even had a library and DVDs available in the lobby. The construction nearby made accessing the hotel a little difficult, but it was worth it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8Austin, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Austin Airport, South, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your support and graciousness. We value your comments following your stay at Super 8 Austin Airport, South. We regard your commentary as advice on how to better our hotel. Thank you for your time. With God’s Grace, we hope to see you on your returning trip to Austin, Texas.
Maya Kumar
Guest Services Manager
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Prior to my stay at this property, I probably haven't stayed in a Super 8 hotel in 20 or more years. I booked at this property because I was simply looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in Austin before driving to Houston the next day. What I found instead was a gem. The gentleman at the front desk was very pleasant and professional in checking me in. There was a minor hiccup with my reservation - something to do with a fax (who uses fax these days?) confirming my reservation from booking.com. This was sorted out in a few minutes. I had a coffee from the single-cup brewer (a nice touch) in the lobby while I waited briefly. The room was immaculate - I mean spotless. The common areas in the hotel were also very clean and tidy - no scuffs on walls, no spots on carpets. Clearly this property is well maintained.

Free internet worked well. I used the exercise room - small with three (four?) machines and no weights; but again very clean and all the machines worked. I also used the guest laundry facility - one washer ($1.50), one dryer ($1.50). I think laundry soap was $1.00. This room was also clean.

The included breakfast had good variety including some healthy options. There was actually an expresso machine!

The other aspect of the hotel I enjoyed was a bit of "zen" quality. For example, there was a flat-panel display in the elevator with inspirational messages. I small touch, but very unique and calming.

This property is not too far from the airport, but that also means it's on the outskirts of Austin. While there is a Jack-in-the-Box next door that is convenient, finding a healthy place to eat in the vicinity was a bit of a challenge.

I noticed that the hotel has several suites. I can't comment on what they are like, but suspect that for a family with children these could be great rooms.

Overall, this is a fabulous mid-price hotel.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments following your stay at Super 8 Austin Airport, South. We appreciate your time and effort and will gladly welcome you back to our hotel on your next returning trip to Austin, Texas. Thank you.
Maya Kumar
Guest Services Manager
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

One year prior to the F1 Grand Prix in Austin I booked this hotel for the Saturday evening - 2 rooms at a AAA rate. I specifically made the booking as soon as the date became available on the super 8 website and before the price gouging on hotels began. With confirmation in hand we were told at check in that our reservation had been cancelled. The hotel manager would not allow my husband to use the hotel phone to call Super 8 customer services to find out the reason. It turned out the hotel had cancelled the reservation that day - of course they had been able to resell these rooms at more than triple the cost of the rate I had originally booked. The hotel manager gave no explanation and no help in finding us other accommodation and no apology. The Super 8 customer services, however, when we called from our cell phone, did finally help us out and found a hotel a fewa miles away and eventually honored our original rate. SO WARNING - if there is an event in town - they might resell your room for more profit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Super8Austin, General Manager at Super 8 Austin Airport, South, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to write the review. I am sorry you had problem with the reservation. You made your reservation in December 2011 and cancelled later in December 2011. When you arrived at the hotel in November 2012 you came with the reservation you made in December 2011 and but the fact you cancelled your reservation in later in December 2011.

Sam Kumar

Been to Super 8 Austin Airport, South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Austin Airport, South

Address: 3120 Montopolis Drive, Southwest corner of Highway 71 and Montopolis Drive. Behind Jack In The Box, Austin, TX 78744
Location: United States > Texas > Austin > South Austin
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#13 Family Hotel in Austin
#14 Romantic Hotel in Austin
#56 Business Hotel in Austin
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Super 8 Austin Airport, South 2.5*
Close to Convention Center, Sixth Street, University of Texas at Austin and Town Lake Super 8 Austin Airport, South hotel offers convenience to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and downtown Austin attractions. Situated off Interstate 35 and Highway 71, our Austin hotel is minutes from the vibrant arts and music scene on 6th Street. Rely on our non-smoking, Austin, TX hotel for value. Take advantage of conveniences like free Wi-Fi Internet access, well-lit free parking and guest laundry facilities. Our gym makes it easy to squeeze a workout into your busy day, and we offer a sauna if you need to unwind. Begin each morning with free SuperStart continental breakfast with bacon and waffles. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Super 8 Austin / Airport South hotel offers convenience to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and downtown Austin attractions. Situated off Interstate 35 and Highway 71, our Austin hotel is minutes from the vibrant arts and music scene on 6th Street. Rely on our non-smoking, Austin, TX hotel for value. Take advantage of conveniences like free Wi-Fi Internet access, well-lit free parking and guest laundry facilities. Our gym makes it easy to squeeze a workout into your busy day, and we offer a sauna if you need to unwind. Begin each morning with free SuperStart continental breakfast with bacon and waffles. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. LOCAL ATTRACTIONSOur Austin hotel is convenient to downtown Austin entertainment and attractions. Take a walk around Lady Bird Lake and check out Zilker Botanical Garden along the way. For live music, head to the venues of 6th Street and the Warehouse District, or catch a performance at Austin City Limits. If a campus visit is in your plans, University of Texas is close to our hotel, and major events and conferences at Austin Convention Center are also nearby. Explore Capitol Visitors Center, hike along Town Lake or bring your family to Austin Childrens Museum.DINING OPTIONSSeveral restaurants are within easy reach of our Austin, TX hotel. Try fried catfish or oysters at Catfish Parlour or Mexican food at El Meson. Other choices include 888 Pan Asian and Threadgills Home Cooking. TRANSPORTATION SERVICESReach your terminal in minutes with free shuttle service to Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Our friendly staff can provide you with details. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Super 8 Austin Airport, South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Austin Airport, South Hotel Austin
Super 8 Hotel Austin
Super Eight Austin
Austin Super 8
Austin Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Austin Airport, South, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.