“Atrocious” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Austin Midtown

You added Holiday Inn Austin Midtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6000 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #59 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Oxnard, California
“Atrocious”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel is in a horrible location but you can tell that the lobby and rooms have been newly renovated. My only problem with my stay was the lobby manager Ashley. She was incredibly rude and pretentious. Upon checking in Ashley spoke very bad about her lobby staff and her management. Her uniform was way to small for her and very unprofessional. Justin on the other hand was very professional and knowledgeable, I really appreciate all the help that he gave us.

Room Tip: Don't check in with Ashley.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Drake F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Kay T,

Thank you for the review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown. Our hotel was recently renovated and the Austin Midtown area is in the process of being renovated as well, starting with the expansion of Austin Community College. Justin is a great asset to our team and I am happy he was able to help you out during your stay. Feel free to contact me personally regarding any issue with your stay. Drake Fizer Front Office Manager 512-451-5757

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Gainesville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had a business trip to Austin and stayed at this Holiday Inn. Had expert customer service and clean room. All of the customer agents at the desk especially Ashley and Robert were very knowlegble of Austin and even directed me to places in Austin and how to get to them without a problem. John was in training and may have been a good candidate for Undercover Boss program. Josh was at the bar and kept things laughing and going on with the customers. Even since I don't drink anything but water, tea and soda's, they kept the cooler packed and a wonderful cheesecake and carrot cake. The Monterry Jack Chicken from the restraint, excellent choice, then there was the ladies in the restraint who took care of the morning breakfast. I left with a smile on my face knowing I had been well taken care of.

Room Tip: With 189 rooms any room is pretty well noise free.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Ken W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us this stellar review. We thoroughly enjoyed having you as our guest and would be delighted to serve you again the next time you make a trip to the Live Music Capital of the World!

Kindest Regards,

Iowa Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

First time visit to Austin as it was my birthday meet my brother and sister-n-laws from Corpus, did
not know anything about Austin hotels as I was looking at all of the Holiday Inns web site and this
Austin Midtown really stuck my fancy. After checking in and seeing how nice the rooms was I
made the right choice. The front desk clerks went out of their way in helping me with my requests
in regards to wanting adjoining rooms, giving directions to good places to eat in Austin, did not know how close the hotel was to downtown 6th street and the State Capital. I forgot to mention that this hotel has 9 floors with each room with a balcony one of only 7 hotels in Austin. My family
did not eat in the hotel restruant as their was a sur-charge and the food looks like the comlinary
meals you would get at other hotels. Forgot to mention the 24hr security and great rates.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view other than the back parking lot
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear David U,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and fellow travelers. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed yourself at our property and would choose us again! Indeed our staff is a big part of what makes our hotel great. Please call me directly when you're planning to visit us again and I'll do my best to get you a view of the Capital City skyline.

Happy Travels,

512-206-3059
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I live down the road from the hotel and ended up at the Holiday Inn just to either have dinner and / or drinks. Missed the dinner part but had a great time at the bar. Joshua was my server and was funny and sociable. He made sure I was never waiting on service or being ignored, and was knowledgeable about what beverages I might enjoy. There were several others at the bar also having drinks and I ended chatting to them them all. It was lots of fun and I highly recommend stopping for a drink. Next time I'll have to try the restaurant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Lynn H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and fellow travelers. We've undergone some extensive renovations and made some exciting changes to our restaurant and bar menus. Joshua is definitely an asset to our team and valued for his drink knowledge, exciting drink concepts, and great customer service. We'll definitely pass along your comments to him and recognize him accordingly.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My stay at this Holiday Inn left me pleasantly surprised. It seems like the whole place has had a major face lift. The rooms were super clean and the hotel looks very modern and well laid out. I actually had a big party with me so we booked 4 rooms and one was actually upgraded. The check-in process was quick and painless and the hotel was very accommodating in one of my friends check in earlier since we were a few hours behind.

The hotel offers free breakfast for most guest. This was a great offering considering the price we paid for the hotel. The breakfast had as good of a selection as any other continental breakfast I have had at a 3 or 4 star hotel. The hotel is only a short ride to downtown. We spent about 25 bucks each way with tip for a taxi van with 5 people. On our last day there, they let us check out at an hour which was great and allow plenty of time for us to crawl out of their comfy bed. If the service and atmosphere for this place stays the same, this will surely be a regular lodging solution for me when visiting Austin again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Neal A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We're delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our property and happy to know hat we'll be your first lodging option when traveling to the Capital City of Texas.

Happy Travels,

Missouri City, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall a good hotel. Good staff and clean rooms. Food was OK. The room we had was clean but had a slight smell of cleaner. There is no smoking allowed even if your room had a small balcony. Did not visit the pool but from what could be seen, it needed cleaning.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Javier,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown on your recent trip to Austin. We're glad to know that you were satisfied with your stay and we value your feedback.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here two weeks ago for a weekend conference. It was a wonderful experience. I especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning. The beds were very comfortable with great pillows (four to choose from).

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors for good views and quietness.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
PTan13,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown. We're delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again the next time you make your way down to the Capital City of Texas.

Robert D. Holsten II | Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Austin Midtown? Share your experiences!