“Knights meeting” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Missouri City, Texas, United States
“Knights meeting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Overall a good hotel. Good staff and clean rooms. Food was OK. The room we had was clean but had a slight smell of cleaner. There is no smoking allowed even if your room had a small balcony. Did not visit the pool but from what could be seen, it needed cleaning.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Javier,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown on your recent trip to Austin. We're glad to know that you were satisfied with your stay and we value your feedback.

Robert D. Holsten II | Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here two weeks ago for a weekend conference. It was a wonderful experience. I especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet every morning. The beds were very comfortable with great pillows (four to choose from).

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors for good views and quietness.
PTan13,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown. We're delighted to know that we exceeded your expectations and look forward to serving you again the next time you make your way down to the Capital City of Texas.

El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was staying here while I was at the Texas State Solo and Ensemble Festival so I was only here for 2 days. I drove in from El Paso and when I finally arrived it was not in the best neighborhood to say the least. It seemed to be a little bit run down, however the hotel itself was nice, it was recently renovated and the decor was nice. I was a little worried about parking my car outside in this neighborhood however the hotel had a security guard walking around at night so my mind was put at ease. The rate I got came with free breakfast which was simple yet filling. The room was extremely spacious for a Holiday Inn, and the balcony was definitely a plus. The only negative thing was on the second day i returned to the hotel at about 9pm. As i was walking in I saw 2 hookers standing outside the hotel. I didn't feel threatened but it was definitely a surprise. But about 30 mins later I walked down to get something from my car and they were gone so i figured they either got hired or they were asked to leave but like I said they weren't bothering anyone so i didn't really think much of it. Beds were comfortable and it was a generally good and comfortable experience.

Keebler95,

Thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown. We're delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving you in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed here overnight in the month of December. Here are the highlights:
1. Even though it's situated in Austin midtown, the hotel property is quite big. My room was located a fair amount of walking distance from the lift. Again, considering the location, the room size (queen bed) was great.

2. The hotel is located right off i-35, thus making it easy to get out and go anywhere. Huge advantage and time saving in case you are planning to travel somewhere and I-35 is the way to go..

3. Staff was polite, so two thumbs up there. They forgot to give me my Gold Member welcome amenity, which is no biggie.. I arrived late at night and left early in the morning, and I forgot to ask for it (though i shouldn't have to)..

4. Breakfast was not included in my rate. Call me greedy, but somehow with a hotel like Holiday Inn and also a last minute booking and the price, I somehow take it for granted that breakfast will be included. So was tad disappointed that it's not. Really helps you quickly get some food in your system and get on your way to work.

Overall, pleasant stay. Did not get a chance to use the hotel amenities like the swimming pool, gym etc. But the gym looked quite decent..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Sameer A,

We appreciate the candid review of our facility and service. We've made quite a few changes since you stayed with us and, if you find your way back to the Capital City of Texas, we hope you'll stay with us again! As always, thank you for your loyalty to IHG and happy travels!

512-451-5757
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Here's the problem. Breakfast was okay but the server kept reminding us that she didn't charge for orange juice. We had coupons from the front which got us free breakfast with a drink. She just wanted a bigger tip. We were later informed that she gets a dollar from each coupon. Her name was Orally. We felt scammed. We tried to ask the other waitress for something but she didn't speak English!! Isn't speaking English a basic requirement of working in the service industry????? Later we went to the bar. Sat with Henry. He was nice. But that's all. He got all out drinks wrong! This was primarily because he barely spoke English!! Seriously? A bartender can't make a scotch neat because he can't speak the language. Then he wouldn't remake my wife's vodka sour.. he put cherry juice in it! Insisted it's what she ordered! We walked out leaving our incorrectly made drinks. He threatened to call security. Actually all we understood was "I call security you don't pay" We didn't feel like going out because we had an early morning to prepare for so we went to the restaurant. The server was Ashley. She was ok. The food was bland so she took it off our bill.
We got back to out room. Pulled back the the comforter. Hair on the sheets. Lots of it. Frickin disgusting. I am a platinum ihg rewards member. This was the most ridiculous hotel stay ever. Will not return.

Room Tip: Check your bedding for cleanliness immediately.
Green Features: What environmentally friendly practices? They don't even recycle.
Dear Charlesleblanc,

We sincerely apologize that we didn't meet your expectations during your stay and I've shared your comments with our management team. We pride ourselves in ensuring that our guests are 100% satisfied with the level of service, condition, and cleanliness of our facilities. I hope that you will take a moment to contact me directly to discuss your stay further and allow us the opportunity to make things right.

512-451-5757
Starkville, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stayed here while traveling with a team. The hotel, staff and rooms were perfectly fine, but there just isn't much within walking distance to do (food or otherwise). Other than that, it was a perfectly fine spot for a few days.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RHolsten, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dr_Henry_Jones_Jr,

Thank you for reviewing our property. We're glad to know that you were pleased with your stay. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future. Look for exciting changes in the Midtown area with Austin Community College opening it's doors this year and new Gold's Gym under construction across from the hotel.

Regards,

Tangerang, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I and my 2 friends went for a road trip to San Antonio and Austin from Houston. We decided to stay in Austin and got a good price from trivago.com. What we kind of disappointed at was because there was no sofa bed as advertised. What was in the room was basically a sofa not a sofa bed. Everything else is good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Dhapsoro,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown. I looked online at Trivago.com to see where you may have seen that we had sofa beds. I wasn't able to find it, but I will contact them to make sure they aren't representing the hotel inaccurately. All of our rooms have a seating area - either a sectional, sofa, or pullout sofa. We certainly do our best to accommodate our guests' request for pullouts. If by some chance, we are unable, we will provide a rollaway bed at no additional cost to our guest.

Happy Travels,