“Event co-ordinator” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Austin Midtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Austin Midtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6000 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #60 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“Event co-ordinator”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This past month my company held an event at The Holiday Inn Midtown. The hotel has been totally refurbished and is like no Holiday Inn I have ever stayed in. The staff, from our point of contact to the service staff, were all excellent. The ballroom was the perfect size for our large event and hotel rooms were spotless. We are already signed up to go again next year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It has been a few years since I've been to this Holiday Inn. I was there today for a meeting and the hotel has been totally made over. What used to be a shabby hotel is now a nice, clean hotel with a new look. There is modern furniture and a coffee shop. The hotel staff is extremely helpful and friendly.

Odessa, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were there on a Tuesday and Wednesday. My wife had training at the hotel, and my daughter was at softball camp at UT. It is an older hotel that is in need of some updates. For example, our door handle consistently fell off of the bathroom door, leaving the kids trapped in the bathroom. It is located to a deserted mall, which kind of gives you an eery feeling. All that being said, the staff was extremely professional, and they kept the property rolling. The reservations were made by phone, and the attendant worked with me to get the best rate for my wife's training. As the title reads, it was convenient to the softball camp!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Greg C,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, comments like yours are paramount for allowing us to focus our attention where guests’ feel it is necessary. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We visited Austin this pas Saturday to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. It was fairly close drive to 6th street. You can tell they're remodeling the hotel. The room was okay. The sheets seemed clean and the room itself was pretty spacious. The bathroom was tiny, as were the beds. Each room has a balcony, but there's nothing spectacular to look at. I slept well, but nothing really stood out...the only thing that stood out was the guy's attitude at the front desk. He wasn't very pleasant to deal with. Other than that, it's a good hotel to just sleep in after going out. Oh and the pool is small, but we still had a good time there : )

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would like to let you know that my last 3 trips to Austin, TX. I have stayed here @ the MidTown hotel and have had an outstanding experiences!! Robert Holsten has done such a fine job by helping with a reservation issue on my first stay, that now I will not look else where to sleep!

Robert has gone the extra to make me feel welcomed and has also upgraded my rooms to the point I feel special. Very professional and I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cibolo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

Here for a conference and relaxation. Henry at the bar downstairs is ahhmazing! Fantastic service and always friendly. Overall great hotel stay. He has a wonderful smile and is very helpful at providing tips for downtown. I cannot say enough about his customer service.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Me and my wife stayed there while visiting our Son in colledge we did get a college rate Hotel staff very friendly room service out standing services Excellent breakfast all staff real helpful. Me and my wife have our son in Austin community colledge so to other family ask for colledge discounts.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Austin Midtown? Share your experiences!