“Fantastic hotel for race weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Austin Midtown to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6000 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #60 of 184 hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“Fantastic hotel for race weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The hotel was fantastic! Definitely met my expectations in all aspects. The rooms are clean, modern, and comfortable. Check in was a breeze because of online reservations, and the restaurant was convenient. Cleanliness is a priority when traveling out of town. I recommend this hotel for all kinds of trips, including race weekends for runners. Good price also.

Room Tip: Rooms at end of hallways tend to be larger because of king bed.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lanaken, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The restaurant was not open (refurbishing) so we got our meal in the bar. Seemed like all dishes were too long on their way to us. Bar and frontdesk personnel were very friendly and caring. Rooms were tidy, up to expectations.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel is beautiful! And the rooms are very comfortable and stylish. The staff was very accommodating, especially the front desk staff. The food in restaurant is great! And the price is very reasonable. We had lunch at the restaurant for all three days that we stayed there. I had a great experience with this hotel. Hotel is great for groups. I would definately recommend this hotel for business, groups, family or individuals. It has something for every kind of traveler.

Room Tip: I liked the upper floors; very peacefull and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Awesome experience! Wonderful hotel and staff. Rooms were stylish and clean. Service was on point. Staff had outstanding hospitality and service, especially the front desk. Both clerks ( jennifer and Christina) were great and helpful. I felt Management was on point w/ hospitality and accommodating guests which shined through their staff. Overall stay and experience was fantastic. I'd recommend to friends and family. I plan to return in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room was nice and contemporary with micro and fridge. Each room has a balcony. Check in was easy and during check out, I had a fraud attempt on my card and the front desk was easily able to change it over to my credit card. with no issues. I am originally from Austin so I'm familiar with the area which is unfortunately starting to run down. The hotel is in the Highland Mall parking lot so the views from the room are not that exciting but at least every room has privacy. There are several restaurants on I-35 which is just a few minutes from the hotel. I thought the bed slept very well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I loved this hotel. The rooms were swanky and nice, and they all had balconies! A nice crowd was here for South by Southwest and the hotel, along with its bar and restaurant, did a good job catering to us all. The surrounding area is also pretty nice and peaceful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Longmont, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Front desk service was okay. The room was okay. When I went to shower, I discovered there was a pool of cold water on the floor adjacent to the shower. The curtain too short and I am sure that was the problem. This should have been fixed long before I got to the room; this was not a new problem. I reported it to the front desk, but they did not seem very interested. Not being a Holiday Inn Express, we had to buy breakfast. It was okay but a longish walk from the hotel foyer to the restaurant where the service was also iffy. I will not be back to try this place again.

Room Tip: Check the shower floor as soon as you check in. You might need to get another room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Longmont_Mitch,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you find our front desk service and rooms okay. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience the shower may have caused. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will certainly be looked into. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, we thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel in the area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Inn Austin Midtown? Share your experiences!