“Mid town hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Austin Midtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Austin Midtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6000 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #64 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Chester, United Kingdom
“Mid town hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for competition so if you are looking to be site seeing without a car then maybe not the best location. Staff are excellent & so helpful which was great for us as 1st time in Austin.
We went to see the bats from congress bridge which was my highlight of the trip simply amazing & a must if I this city
6 th street bars fantastic time

• Stayed November 2012
robert h, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor Survey. We are delighted that you enjoyed Austin during your visit, and Yes! there is much to see and experipence while in the capital city of Texas.
The Holiday Inn Austin Midtown is centrally located just 2 miles north of downtown. Our location is easily accessable by I-35 and highway 290. Our great location is close to many large businesses, the University of Texas and just 10 minutes to downtown Austin.
We trust you will make the Holiday Inn Austin your preferred hotel when visiting Austin and we look forward to your return to our wonderful city.
Bob Holsten
VP Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

It seems they are making efforts in the lobby to update this old hotel but the guest rooms still have a long ways to go. The staff could be a little more attentive. I was trying to check in and the person was constantly interrupted by other staff and sure enough my bill was wrong . This place was a little too pricey for what it was.

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review with Trip Advisor. We were dissappointed to learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations. The property completed a $4.0 million dollar renovation just last year that included major upgrades to the lobby, guest rooms and public areas.
Our staff is dedicated to providing excellent service and hospitality to our guests and is proud of the new changes.
Your feedback is very important to us, as it is only through comments by our guests can we continue to improve the quality of our service. I trust you will permit us another chance to demonstrate that the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown is the ideal choice when selecting a hotel in Austin. Please call me personally should your plans permit you to return to Austin.
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Needed a hotel for the night and choose this hotel. My dad is a smoker..I hate smoke, the rooms had balconies so it worked out great for both of us. Also had a cappacino at the bar and it was better than Starbucks! Would stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank-you Nathin for a truly fantastic review. Our staff and employees are dediated to providing the best service and hospitality to our guests. We hope you have found a home in Austin for every visit.
I have passed along your great comments to our managers and staff. It is encouraging to receive such kind and thoughtful reviews.
Hurry back!
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

There are too many other, better hotels to choose from in the Austin area. This one has been renovated in recent years, so the lobby has a more modern look. We were here for 5 nights for a conference. The elevators are small, and none were working one morning so everyone was using the service elevator. The guest room bathrooms could use a lot of help. There were no hooks in the bathroom at all. No soap dish on the bathroom counter, so there was a soapy mess there. I finally folded a washcloth on which to lay the soap. The (very small) coffee maker, cups and supplies were located on the bathroom counter, which (you know if you've read any of my reviews) is a major pet peeve for me. Not only do they take up much-needed bathroom counter space, I cannot understand why any hotel would store these items in the most unsanitary room in the place -- hair, mildew, toothpaste spatters, yuck! Doing so should be a violation of sanitation regulations. We immediately moved it out of the bath, but did not use it during the week. There was no fan or ventilation in the bathroom, so it got hot and fogged up even though I do not take a very hot shower. There was mildew on the grout around the tub. The shower/tub curtain rod was stationary, bowed and too high, making the curtain too short, so that the curtain near the faucet-end of the tub would not stay in the tub and allowed water to run out onto the floor by the toilet. The lighting in the bathroom was not very bright and, in my opinion, made it difficult to see well for putting on makeup, etc. However, I am used to a bright light in our home bathroom, so others may not be as bothered by this. The bedroom itself was very spacious, comfortable and clean, and the king bed was a Sleep-Number bed, also very comfortable and clean. There was also a computer desk in the room and a nice, modern-styled sitting area. The front desk clerks were friendly and helpful, although there was often only one person there and there could be a wait if she was busy. There was a lobby bar and quick-food stand which offered great happy hour discounts. The hotel caters to groups, so there was another huge conference going on during our stay, making parking a little more difficult. Parking is complimentary. The best thing about this hotel, in my opinion, was the restaurant. The food here was fantastic, much better than any other hotel at which I've stayed in the area and as good as any (and better than many) local restaurants. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, they offer menu service and a breakfast buffet. Even though the hotel was crowded with guests, their breakfast buffet moved quickly and was well furnished. The wait staff was exceptional. There always seemed to be plenty of seating and no wait for service, regardless of what meal we were having. They also catered some meals for events while we were there, and the Chef did an outstanding job! There is a nice patio area in back of the hotel. Considering the renovations apparently done throughout the rest of the hotel, I was surprised by the lack of attention to detail in the bathrooms. The area surrounding the hotel was not great -- the bus station is across the street, as is a large vacant building on which graffiti was sprayed while we were there. There was an almost-vacant mall behind the hotel, which I heard was being converted to a community college in the near future. There was virtually nothing pleasing to look at in the area surrounding the hotel at this time, but it was easy (although convoluted) access to the freeway. There are tons of hotels in and around Austin. Choose a different one, but get a meal here if you want a good place to go without fighting a crowd.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear sittingonready,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a detailed review. I am glad that you found the food served in our restaurant commendable enough for your stay. I apologize if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the condition of the room accommodation you received, particularly with the bathroom facility. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vidor, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My sister and I attended a scrapbooking weekend at this hotel. The scrapbooking took place in their ballroom. It was convenient for us, driving in from Beaumont, although a little confusing to find, as it sits very near the crossing of two major highways, Interstate 35 and US Highway 290. We were next to a Mall, but never explored it. The food places around (except in the hotel) were few and far between, which meant getting in our vehicle when we needed food!

The hotel is very nice, with a lovely lobby/snack/bar area very near the front doors. There is not a bell staff (or we never saw anyone), so loading and unloading all our paraphanalia was left to us. We just loaded it all on a cart and took it to our room!

We had two catered meals as part of our scrapbooking, which were delicious, well presented and delicious, one Mexican food and one Italian.

Our room was spacious enough for both of us, our king size bed was comfortable and the linens were clean. There was even furniture to move around and set up computer stations for both of us. We also had free Wi-Fi, but I had trouble with it every day. My sister's computer picked it up fine, but I had to make adjustments on mine to get it to work....older computer running XP.

All in all a good experience! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Dabby52,

We truly appreciate your review in Trip Advisor and want to thank-you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments and feedback are truly important to the operations of a hotel. It is only through valuable feedback can the hotel continue to strive to improve service and quality.
Your group was a joy to service and we hope we get the opportunity to have you back in Austin. We want to make the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown your home in the Capital City.
We hope your experience at our hotel added another special memory for your scrapbook.
Thank-you again and I hope to see you soon
Hermosa Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I travel all across the country for work. I never stayed at a Holiday Inn. But let me say this...I love this hotel here in Austin!!

Staff from the time you check in is fantastic.

Room fantastic and clean. FREE parking. I am tired of paying BIG BUCKS to park my car everyday.

The BEST is the Sleep Numbers bed and pillow choices. So very comfy since I own a sleep numbers bed.

Thanks to the following who made this Austin trip sp fabulous. And know...I'll be back to stay there again.

Edith
Sherelle
Alex
Christina
Greiselda
Vanessa

Thanks for making this busy working trip so comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean and updated. The cafe downstairs was great and much more than we expected. My husband did not like the sleep number bed and that may be the only thing that would prevent us from staying here again. Good location and well lit parking lot. Good value.

Room Tip: rooms away from vending/ice machine would be best.