“Fabulous Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Austin Midtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Austin Midtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6000 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #64 of 182 hotels in Austin
Hermosa Beach
“Fabulous Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I travel all across the country for work. I never stayed at a Holiday Inn. But let me say this...I love this hotel here in Austin!!

Staff from the time you check in is fantastic.

Room fantastic and clean. FREE parking. I am tired of paying BIG BUCKS to park my car everyday.

The BEST is the Sleep Numbers bed and pillow choices. So very comfy since I own a sleep numbers bed.

Thanks to the following who made this Austin trip sp fabulous. And know...I'll be back to stay there again.

Edith
Sherelle
Alex
Christina
Greiselda
Vanessa

Thanks for making this busy working trip so comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel was clean and updated. The cafe downstairs was great and much more than we expected. My husband did not like the sleep number bed and that may be the only thing that would prevent us from staying here again. Good location and well lit parking lot. Good value.

Room Tip: rooms away from vending/ice machine would be best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Ft. Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My sisters and I met in Austin for a girl's weekend for our birthdays. Room extremely clean and updated nicely. Large too. 3 ladies had plenty of room. Everything was pretty clean in lobby/hotel. Grounds looked nice too but there was a group of about 50+ teenage boys staying in hotel so outside pool/restroom area was very busy and not very clean but I truly believe it was this particular weekend because staff worked very hard to keep areas clean and maintained. I wish someone would have mentioned not to play "elevator tag" because getting up and down elevator was very delayed because kids were playing around on them and ultimately they broke and only 1 elevator was working, however, it was fixed later that day. Location is great and easy to get in/out. Staff were all friendly. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed on 6th floor and didn't notice much room noise at all - even close to elevator and ice...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

3. Great breakfast service
4. Near town and major highway
5. Good overall value

Negatives:
1. Sleep number bed had operational issues. Not working or deflating throughout the night
2. Air Conditioners could not keep up with summer heat.

• Stayed August 2012
robert h, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear BigDaddy083

Thanks for taking to the time to share your feedback for your stay at the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown. The negatives are just as important to us as the postitives as it is only through feedback from concerned guests like yourself can we address any issues at the hotel.
And I am pleased that we have listed to customers like ourself concerning the beds at the hotel.
As of this month, we have purchased new Beauty Rest mattresses and box springs for all of our 189 rooms and suites at the hotel. This is yet another example of how hotel listens and respond s to our guests and their comments and we are truly appreciate the feedback.
I hope you come back and visit us soon in Austin to try-out our new beds. We know your next trip will be a great experience!
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year. They have just completed a major remodel and the building and grounds look great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is easy to get to from either IH 35 or US 290. Several major restaurants are close by as well as shopping. All rooms have a small balcony.

Room Tip: The 8th and 9th floor rooms are the ones with a mini refrigerator in them.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a very clean, nice and updated hotel at an affordable price. The staff is great worked with Theresa and Maritza in corporate sales for our group. Very professional, courteous and pleasant to work with. Highly recommend if you are in the Austin area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Eagle Pass, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

It looks really good until you get to the room. The carpet looked dirty and it smelled like "old". The beds were uncomfortable and I never got to see the numbers on the settings because they weren't working very well. The staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. I hope we have the pleasure to have you give us another chance when in Austin.

Been to Holiday Inn Austin Midtown? Share your experiences!