“Boutique Style on a Budget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Austin Midtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Austin Midtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Austin Midtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6000 Middle Fiskville Road, Austin, TX 78752 (St. Johns)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #64 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Ft. Worth, TX
“Boutique Style on a Budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My sisters and I met in Austin for a girl's weekend for our birthdays. Room extremely clean and updated nicely. Large too. 3 ladies had plenty of room. Everything was pretty clean in lobby/hotel. Grounds looked nice too but there was a group of about 50+ teenage boys staying in hotel so outside pool/restroom area was very busy and not very clean but I truly believe it was this particular weekend because staff worked very hard to keep areas clean and maintained. I wish someone would have mentioned not to play "elevator tag" because getting up and down elevator was very delayed because kids were playing around on them and ultimately they broke and only 1 elevator was working, however, it was fixed later that day. Location is great and easy to get in/out. Staff were all friendly. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: I stayed on 6th floor and didn't notice much room noise at all - even close to elevator and ice...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lake Charles, Louisiana

3. Great breakfast service
4. Near town and major highway
5. Good overall value

Negatives:
1. Sleep number bed had operational issues. Not working or deflating throughout the night
2. Air Conditioners could not keep up with summer heat.

• Stayed August 2012
robert h, Manager at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear BigDaddy083

Thanks for taking to the time to share your feedback for your stay at the Holiday Inn Austin Midtown. The negatives are just as important to us as the postitives as it is only through feedback from concerned guests like yourself can we address any issues at the hotel.
And I am pleased that we have listed to customers like ourself concerning the beds at the hotel.
As of this month, we have purchased new Beauty Rest mattresses and box springs for all of our 189 rooms and suites at the hotel. This is yet another example of how hotel listens and respond s to our guests and their comments and we are truly appreciate the feedback.
I hope you come back and visit us soon in Austin to try-out our new beds. We know your next trip will be a great experience!
Abilene, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year. They have just completed a major remodel and the building and grounds look great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is easy to get to from either IH 35 or US 290. Several major restaurants are close by as well as shopping. All rooms have a small balcony.

Room Tip: The 8th and 9th floor rooms are the ones with a mini refrigerator in them.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a very clean, nice and updated hotel at an affordable price. The staff is great worked with Theresa and Maritza in corporate sales for our group. Very professional, courteous and pleasant to work with. Highly recommend if you are in the Austin area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Eagle Pass, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

It looks really good until you get to the room. The carpet looked dirty and it smelled like "old". The beds were uncomfortable and I never got to see the numbers on the settings because they weren't working very well. The staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. I hope we have the pleasure to have you give us another chance when in Austin.
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed on a Thursday night at this Holiday Inn after booking it through Priceline. The front desk personnel were friendly and checked us in very quickly. There was an Anime convention going on at this time, but I have to say the noise was very minimal. I had e-mailed the manager prior to our arrival and requested a double room since my daughter would be with us. He responded and stated we were set for a double room. We got to our room and it was a double room with a nice balcony and sleep number beds. The bed my husband and I slept in didn't work so I couldn't adjust it and it was a little hard for me, but it was tolerable. My daughter made use of the pool the evening we arrived and I was pleasantly surprised to find there were towels available at the pool. We loved the shower in our bathroom. My only issue was that housekeeping came knocking too early for me and if we had stayed another night, I would have put the "Do Not Disturb" sign out. I liked the location of the hotel. The Highland Mall is located behind the hotel, so shopping is very convenient, and there are several restaurants in the immediate area to choose from. Downtown Austin is also not far away. Overall, we had a pleasant stay here and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. The sleep numbers beds are a bit complicated to work-but it is nice to know that we will be phasing them out of the hotel by the end of the year.
The hotel is located in a quite area but there is plenty to do and with only a few steps to the metro you can be downtown within 15 minutes.
Next time in Austin, please call the hotel directly. Look forward to seeing you in the future!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at the Austin Midtown while I was attending the SXSW conference. The biggest positive was the friendly staff, the biggest disadvantage was there isn't much around the hotel.

Presentation (5/5)
No complaints about the presentation, really. Rooms were clean and the common areas nice and welcoming. I liked that (i think) each floor had a little waiting area next to the elevators. Good overall.

Service (5/5)
Again, the service was probably the best part- all of the staff at the Austin Midtown were friendly and helpful, but not in a fake way like you get at many hotels, much more genuine. Never having been anywhere near Texas before, it was nice to have welcoming staff.

Room Service/Dining (4/5)
I didn't really have food at the Austin Midtown so it's hard for me to say. I did have breakfast at their breakfast bar, which was good- they had a cappuchino and muffins, which I enjoyed. I also used the bar a couple of times but no meals really.

Location (3/5)
Unfortunately this is the one drawback of the Austin Midtown, you're kind of far from downtown so you will be spending a lot on Taxi fare unless you have your own car. Also, there isn't much around the hotel itself, especially after about 5-6 when a lot of things close down.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Austin Midtown? Share your experiences!