“Continues to get better” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #60 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Abilene, Texas
“Continues to get better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past year. They have just completed a major remodel and the building and grounds look great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is easy to get to from either IH 35 or US 290. Several major restaurants are close by as well as shopping. All rooms have a small balcony.

Room Tip: The 8th and 9th floor rooms are the ones with a mini refrigerator in them.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a very clean, nice and updated hotel at an affordable price. The staff is great worked with Theresa and Maritza in corporate sales for our group. Very professional, courteous and pleasant to work with. Highly recommend if you are in the Austin area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Eagle Pass, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

It looks really good until you get to the room. The carpet looked dirty and it smelled like "old". The beds were uncomfortable and I never got to see the numbers on the settings because they weren't working very well. The staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Austin Midtown, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize that you were not happy with your stay. I hope we have the pleasure to have you give us another chance when in Austin.
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed on a Thursday night at this Holiday Inn after booking it through Priceline. The front desk personnel were friendly and checked us in very quickly. There was an Anime convention going on at this time, but I have to say the noise was very minimal. I had e-mailed the manager prior to our arrival and requested a double room since my daughter would be with us. He responded and stated we were set for a double room. We got to our room and it was a double room with a nice balcony and sleep number beds. The bed my husband and I slept in didn't work so I couldn't adjust it and it was a little hard for me, but it was tolerable. My daughter made use of the pool the evening we arrived and I was pleasantly surprised to find there were towels available at the pool. We loved the shower in our bathroom. My only issue was that housekeeping came knocking too early for me and if we had stayed another night, I would have put the "Do Not Disturb" sign out. I liked the location of the hotel. The Highland Mall is located behind the hotel, so shopping is very convenient, and there are several restaurants in the immediate area to choose from. Downtown Austin is also not far away. Overall, we had a pleasant stay here and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. The sleep numbers beds are a bit complicated to work-but it is nice to know that we will be phasing them out of the hotel by the end of the year.
The hotel is located in a quite area but there is plenty to do and with only a few steps to the metro you can be downtown within 15 minutes.
Next time in Austin, please call the hotel directly. Look forward to seeing you in the future!
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed at the Austin Midtown while I was attending the SXSW conference. The biggest positive was the friendly staff, the biggest disadvantage was there isn't much around the hotel.

Presentation (5/5)
No complaints about the presentation, really. Rooms were clean and the common areas nice and welcoming. I liked that (i think) each floor had a little waiting area next to the elevators. Good overall.

Service (5/5)
Again, the service was probably the best part- all of the staff at the Austin Midtown were friendly and helpful, but not in a fake way like you get at many hotels, much more genuine. Never having been anywhere near Texas before, it was nice to have welcoming staff.

Room Service/Dining (4/5)
I didn't really have food at the Austin Midtown so it's hard for me to say. I did have breakfast at their breakfast bar, which was good- they had a cappuchino and muffins, which I enjoyed. I also used the bar a couple of times but no meals really.

Location (3/5)
Unfortunately this is the one drawback of the Austin Midtown, you're kind of far from downtown so you will be spending a lot on Taxi fare unless you have your own car. Also, there isn't much around the hotel itself, especially after about 5-6 when a lot of things close down.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

When I first read the reviews, it was a mixed bag. Wish I would have paid attention to the warnings. Upon arriving, they accommodated us for early arrival, we found the room "clean." But, the sheets were dirty. I called for housekeeping, but left after an hour of waiting, for dinner. When we got back late, the sheets still weren't changed. We had to call a second time, with housekeeping responding within 15 minutes. Housekeeping was very nice and professional. The rest of the room was clean and no more incidents the rest of our stay. The sleep # bed was uncomfortable, kept changing settings on its own throughout the night. The area around the hotel is dying, seems like it was once a shopping area. It is not really central to town, you need a vehicle to get around. breakfast is not free, wifi is slow and although remodeled, the hotel smells old. Would not stay here again. Security on site, friendly, but we saw homeless loitering around the corner.

Just wanted to say we apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. I am happy that housekeeping was able to assist you with your needs. As for the sleep number beds, we either have guest that love them or hate them. The beds will be pahsed out by the end of 2012.
There are several things to do in out neighborhood but fortunately for us we are only minutes from the metro line which goes into downtown and as far out as Leander.
Next time in Austin call the hotel directly so we can have a chance to show you that your experience was outside the norm.
Long Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Booked another hotel (howard johnson) 2 blocks away. That was the worst hotel EVER and left. In a city full of booked hotels Holiday Inn was there for me....as always. It is a little on the pricey side considering breakfast is not included. The beds are amazing (sleep number) and would recommend them to anyone. The room is clean and well kept. The staff friendly. Pay the money and stay here. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Austin Midtown? Share your experiences!