“Good food, exactly what I expected.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Creek Catfish Co.

No photo provided
Ranked #426 of 3,160 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Austin, Texas
“Good food, exactly what I expected.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Mom wanted catfish. Did a quick search and found this place pretty close. Easy to find, inside it looks exactly what you'd think a seafood place should. It's a cozy inviting atmosphere. Everything we ordered was good. One exception was the coleslaw& beans that came with the meal. The beans were so bland and tasteless. The slaw was Wayy too chunky for me and had no sauce or dressing. Other than that it was all good. I highly recommend the corn nuggets! We'll be returning for sure.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Antonio, Texas
“Above Average, Usually”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We've always enjoyed Cherry Creek's food and our visit the other day was pretty typical. Good service, down home-style cooking, great batters, beans and a fresh, crispy workman-like salad.

I was a little disappointed this visit. I usually order the oysters and they are spot on, but visiting in a non "R" month, I decided to try something new, so I ordered the chicken fried steak. It was a bland and not as a good of batter as other menu items. The gravy was over peppered and the mashed potatoes could have been a little more fluffy. It was edible, but I'd really recommend sticking to their seafood plates if you try this place.

My honey had the fried shrimp platter and it was the usual perfectly fried, lightly battered, very large shrimp plate. The beans were a little more bland than usual and the coleslaw had a lot less dressing than usual. It was basically cabbage on a plate. The bake potato upgrade was good and the toppings sufficient.

It's not a fancy restaurant, but the waitstaff is always pleasant and the food typically above average.

• Visited May 2013
Ri
“great fried food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is heaven if you love fried food. The fried shrimp and sweet potato fries were delicious, the prices reasonable and the service excellent. I love the onion rings, too.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Cherry Creek Catfish is a Winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We hadn't eaten here in years but I'm glad we tried it again. The Blackened Catfish with Creole Spices was super good. Even though it was Sunday lunch crowd, we got excellent service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Great Chicken Fried Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stopped into Cherry Creek Catfish Co., based on local reviews for the best chicken fried steak in Austin. We started with their fried green tomatoes which were disappointing. The batter did not stick to the tomatoes and they didn't have much flavor. The chicken fried steak was much better with a crispy batter and excellent gravy. I would suggest a side of the corn nuggets which were sweet and flavorful. A nice, friendly restaurant with good service and an excellent value! We will return next time we are in Austin.

• Visited November 2012