“Love the food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pok-e-Joe's Smokehouse

Pok-e-Joe's Smokehouse
1603 W 5th St, Austin, TX 78703-4737 (Downtown)
(512) 320-1541
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #759 of 3,154 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Austin, Texas
“Love the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

They have an excellent menu for all sorts of bar-b-que. There are soooo many different sides you'll have a hard time picking just be sure and try the loaded potato salad. And try dessert too or take it home with you.

Visited September 2012

Texas
“Pok-e-Joe's Catering is Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This review is for the catering aspect of Pok-e-Joe's which we used for a backyard BBQ the weekend of my wedding. The staff were super helpful especially since we tasted their food and decided that the flavor profile needed to be amped UP. The Catering manager accommodated our needs and on the day of delivery, the set up was flawless, they were punctual, patient and the food...OMG...DELICIOUS! We catered for about 75 people and at no time was the BBQ dried or anything less than YUMMY!!!!
I gave them 4 Stars because the initial food choices before increasing the flavor profile was quite bland and couldn't figure why Pok-e-Joe's would even consider serving such sub-par meat when they clearly can do better. Well done Pok-e-Joe's ! We would surely use your service again~

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Tough meat, luke warm sides”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Meats were ehh, I had the spicy bbq sauce, it was pretty good, but I felt nervous eating all of the sides as they were not at a food safe temperature. Jalapeno corn bread was dry and bland, mac and cheese was average. They did have IBC rootbeer, that was a plus

Visited July 2012
Austin, Texas
“Great food, Great price, Great Locations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I went to this restaurant yesterday. My hubs and I both got a 2 meat plate for 9.99 each. The sides were fantastic, the meat as good as Salt Lick, which is a high end BBQ in Austin, I was very impressed. The servers were all really friendly and made our visit even more enjoyable. I also went to the Hancock Center Location. This location is new and not listed in trip advisor yet. I will be back.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Best BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Leave downtown Austin and make the effort to find Pok-e-Joe's in a nearby food mall. It is real Texas BBQ, frequented by locals, where they smoke all their own meats. I had brisket over salad, a light alternative to the typically heavy fare of the area. The BBQ sauce for dipping the meat was sublime, and I got a bottle to bring home. Also the service was friendly.

• Visited April 2012