“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Saigon Kitchen - CLOSED

Saigon Kitchen
4323 S IH35, Austin, TX 78744 (South Austin)
(512) 326-3969
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Vietnamese
Neighborhood: South Austin
Neighborhood: South Austin
Houston
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Had General Joes for take out. Fried rice was bland. Chicken was just ok. No wow factor and we are foodies. Great location if you are staying at a Marriott ppty across the street. You can easily walk. They have Vietnamese dishes too but we didn't try it..we did takeout.

Visited May 2014

Penang
“SUPER BIG portion and love the pho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

the pho is big and served with lotsa meat and sprouts.
The meat was tender and sweet. thin sliced meat were cooked just in time and remain fresh. Soup was sweet and flavourful.
at the end of the dinner, they gave us each a lucky fortune cookie to eat.

Visited March 2014
Austin, Texas
“Absolutely horrific”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

To start off with, we have ordered here many times and usually this place is "okay." However, this evening when we ordered, we got a dish that was not only extremely old, but there was barely any in the bowl. We called to ask about what went wrong, since usually we are satisfied, and when we got the manager he told my husband he was wrong and hung up on him. My husband called back to tell them that he thought that was very rude, and that this restaurant would no longer have our business, and he yelled at my husband and hung up on him again. After further observation of my dish, before sending it to the trash, I noticed it didn't even look like what I ha ordered. I called into the restaurant to inquire what was in the dish that I had ordered, only to find out it was in fact the wrong dish. They delivered the dish cold, old, and what little was in the bowl wasn't even the right order. A little advice, when your customer calls and tries to correct an order, don't tell them they are wrong and hang up on them twice. If you are going to have crap food, atleast have good customer service, come on.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lockhart, Texas
“Great place to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Kung pao chicken extra spicy always great!
This place always has same customers when i've eaten here so something good is happening.

Visited December 2013
Albany, NY
“pretty crappy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Come on Trip Advisor reviewers....travelers like me really depend on you to help us out when we are on the road! Based on the overall ratings, I ordered delivery to my hotel from this place. What a disappointment. Got the twice cooked pork which was tough and fatty but the brown sauce was ok. Wonton soup was probably the worst I have ever had. The broth was just water with 2 small wontons and a dash of green onions. I always travel with chicken bouillon in my bag so I was able to doctor up the soup with that and a few spoonfuls of the steamed rice. I even asked the front desk and another guest who had ordered from here and they all said it was good. Maybe it's an off night, but I'll never order from here again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

If you own or manage Saigon Kitchen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.