“Great food, nosiy restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Azul Tequila

Azul Tequila
4211 S Lamar Blvd Ste A2, Austin, TX 78704-7978 (South Austin)
(512) 416-9667
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #615 of 3,229 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Austin
Austin, TX
“Great food, nosiy restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had the Texas Sample plate, the mole poblano and the huertaco plate. All the food was very good. The mole sauce was fresh and is a family recipe. The huertaco plate featured a very good piece of chicken an a slab of prickly pear cactus. The cactus was unexpected, but very very good. The term usually used for this type of cactus is napolito and it's usally seen as slices, so having the whole ear of cactus was cool! Everybody enjoyed their food. The noise level was extremely high. This is because of the concrete floors and the low flat ceiling. Come here for the food, and ignore the noise and you'll have a good time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Tasty Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Some good authentic Mexican food, hidden away next to Target, Mariachi on the weekends, worth the visit

Visited May 2013
Austin, TX
“disappointed, and watch your bill...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Well just got back from Azul Tquila, its been a good place for me and the wife to visit for dinner, this time round celebrating my sons 21's birthday, the service was just ok, the food was cold, and make sure you watch your bill we got stiffed for a $20 gratuity tip even though there was only 4 of us in our party, did not notice that till we left. So watch your bill as this is the first time the screwed us on our bill!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas, United States
“BEWARE of Azul Tequila!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I would be very careful of this place. In my opinion, the manager is a psychopath. The wait staff is very rude. The food is like slop on a place and the prices are very expensive!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
College Station, Texas, United States
“Unethical”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Food was fine - but certainly would not be my first choice given all of the excellent Mexican food restaurants. Margarita was tasty, but a little pricey. Most important, the amount charged to my credit card was changed after I left, because the waitress had made a "mistake" on what she charged and so she had to add $1 to correct it. Yes, it was only $1, but when I called to find out about the discrepency, the owner was not the least bit concerned that this had been changed after the fact and without my knowledge. His words were "you asked me to explain why the charge was different and I explained". No, "I'm so sorry", "please let me credit your account", "I will talk with my waitstaff"...etc. In fact, his rudeness and disrespect is what prompted me to write this review. I certainly won't be back.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Azul Tequila? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Azul Tequila, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.