“Nice for a nearby place to go when visiting our daughter” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Southwestern, Pizza, Pasta
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Nice for a nearby place to go when visiting our daughter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant offers a decent wine list and beer, but no full bar. The menu is fairly extensive and varied. Service on both our visits was efficient and friendly. The food was pretty good and plentiful. The pizza crust was not crisp as we like it but we are used to Italian pizza. Flavor was good. The place is attractive and pleasant. I wouldn't call it gourmet, but for a nice meal, it's good

Houston, Texas
“Best Pizza Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had a delicious wood oven pizza at the Hill Country Pasta House. I'd say it was probably one of the best pizzas the four of us have ever eaten. Service was excellent with a very pleasant wait staff.

Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Went to the pasta house for Mother's Day brunch. Had a large selection of food but they raised there prices for the holiday to 30.00 each!! Decided to go on another Sunday to see how it compared. They no longer have a buffet set up as you have a menu with several things to choose from and it is made to order. I had a seafood pasta that was so spicy I could not eat it. My husband had sausage and eggs. The sausage was burned to a crisp and he could not eat that ethier. We will never return again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lakeway, Texas
“Now that's a brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Pasta House, which has some of the best focaccia bread I've ever tried, now offers brunch from 9-1 on Saturday and Sunday. For a fixed price of 10.99 (plus drinks), you get to build a plate from a list of quite a few items, from standard bacon and eggs, to fruit, to focaccia french toast (excellent), to lasagna and other Italian specialties. Great coffee. One plate was more than I could eat. Fresh food, good taste, a great solution for brunch.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Olean, New York
“Great food, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I can't speak to the actual restaurant itself (because we ordered take out, and I didn't pick them up), but I can tell you the food was great, and reasonably priced.

I placed the order via phone, and the person on the other end was very friendly and understanding of our unfamiliarity with the menu.

I had the salmon, which was delicious. My coworkers had pasta dishes, which were also great.

It was 10 minutes from the time I called it in to the time we had it back at the office. VERY fast service.

• Visited July 2012