“Always a stop when we are in Austin” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Kansas
“Always a stop when we are in Austin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We love the food at the County Line. The bread is so very good. Sweet and tasty. The bar-b-q is all great, you can't go wrong with any choice. My favorite item though - believe it or not - the mushrooms. So good, make sure to get a side. Beautiful location on the lake. Great view, great drive, but be careful can be a dangerous road if you aren't paying attention. Food is just as good at the other location - same menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Biloxi
“Fantastic BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Great food with a great view! We wanted some good Texas barbeque, and did we ever get it! Portions are Texas size, so make room in your fridge for the doggy bags. Between 4 of us we sampled every meat on the menu, and all were equally excellent. Of the sides we had, I liked the coleslaw best. This is the place to come for BBQ in Austin!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Original location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you don't want to travel too far outside of Austin, the County Line is a good option for some great BBQ. Fun interior, big plates of BBQ and a view of the Austin hills.

Visited February 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my first visit to Austin and my first "real" Texas BBQ. I was not disappointed. I know that some may say this is more of a touristy place to go for BBQ but, honestly, if I move there - I will go back many times!! The portions were Texas big. And yummy. If you like a sweet instead of savory BBQ flavor, then this is your place. The only thing that threw me off was the sweet honey flavor of the giant bread. I wasn't expecting that flavor so, I kinda didn't like it and I usually love me sum bread! The staff was very nice and helpful in ordering our food too. I recommend you stop at this restaurant and enjoy!! (oh and they have a cow head on the wall that talks and sings for birthdays - super cute and fun)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maine
“Great views...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great views...great decorating...cold beer!

Brisket: dry and not that flavorful; Ribs: tough; Sauce: nothing special. The garlic-mashed potatoes were the highlight of the meal! They were very good.

I suggest they focus more on the food.

Visited April 2013