“Beer Symmetry” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The ABGB - Austin Beer Garden Brewery Co.

The ABGB - Austin Beer Garden Brewery Co.
1305 West Oltorf, Austin, TX 78704
Dining options: Late Night
Austin, Tx
“Beer Symmetry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is a review is strictly for the beer and service since we did not eat. ABGB is a very convenient place to gather. It has ample parking for many folks and the layout lends itself to having a few friends together for beers. They have an outside patio area, impressive bike racks and an expansive inside with long communal tables. We were there in the afternoon on a Saturday, so one thing they didn't have was service outside. We kicked back outside by the train tracks and enjoyed a mild winter day. I ended up having three pints, their industry, hell yes and IPA. I actually didn't even finish the IPA. And this is where I have a small disappointment.

I believe they use the same yeast perhaps or hops is it? in all their beers. Definitely could tell that the beers were all made here. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it wasn't a good thing for me. I had the same taste in the back of my mouth and eventually I couldn't drink anymore. I wanted something more crisp and continue to enjoy our day at ABGB. The second item, there wasn't any service outside. We were clearing our own tables and making the hike back up to the bar to order more bevvies. Which is fine, however it put me in a position of not knowing how to value a tip. When we were leaving to head over to Blacksheep Lodge, there was a young man who came out with a bus tub to clear off the tables. We had been there a couple of hours and it was the first time we saw someone outside.

It may not be possible since it's a brewery, but it would be great if they served other beer selections. I know,... sacrilegious to even make that statement and may not even be an option. I could see myself back for a pizza and a pint sometime in the future

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nashville, Tennessee
“One of the best places I have eaten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I went to this place because of the beer. I heard the selection was good, different, and they brewed their own. That is true. Very good beer, and having the brewing process occur beside you is a great touch. I ordered the BLT and it was seriously one of the best sandwiches I have ever eaten. They same kind of pesto mayo on the sandwich, and it had me licking my fingers! Even the potato salad was awesome. I can't wait to go back and the outdoor seating has grown!

• Visited October 2013