“Mexican food at it's worse” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 3,159 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Mexican food at it's worse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went to this Resturant with my friend that lives in Austin and while it was fun to sit outside on the lake, the food was nothing special. Fruity drink was terrible and the salsa and cheese dip were not good at all. My friend has lived in Austin for a year and is not a local. I don't think locals go there. I had the quesadilla and it tasted like something I could get at Chilli's...although I think Chili's would have been better, if you want good, authentic food while in Austin, skip this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“HULA HUT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great atmosphere for a little lake life!! Has to be one of the best hamburgers anywhere! The Hawaiian grilled chicken is to die for!! That is only the beginning of their diverse menu!! Known mainly for mexican quisine but it is all exceptional!! Great views of Lake Austin and you can arrive by boat, auto or about any other mode of transportation!! Always a must do when in Austin!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were worried about eating here, since we had 15 girls and they do not take reservations. We went on Saturday morning about 11:15. We only waited about 20 mins and waited outside by the bar and had an amazing view. The food was really good (the open faced ahi tuna tacos were amazing) They have a very large selection of alcoholic drinks and the waiter was very attentive even for being really busy on a Saturday morning and having such a large table.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dripping Springs, Texas
“Great food and views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Right on Lake Austin. I've had many meals there - lunch and dinner - and every one of them delicious. The wait staff is always alot of fun.

Visited December 2012
Arlington, Texas
“Beautiful Scenery, Good food and great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We planned on stopping in for a late dinner during sxsw. We arrived around 8,nearly passed it but pulled in and luckily at the right time because there isn't a lot of parking. We walked in and were greeted and taken to our table. If you need to stop at the restroom do this before getting seated as it can be a bit of a maze walk back if you get seated out where we were. The view was beautiful! Ideally later in the spring at sunset would be perfect! Our waiter was very attentive. I was surprised because they were very busy so I figured service would be lacking but it wasn't. I ordered a strawberry coconut mojito ($9) and I would tell you to pass. As amazing as it sounded it didn't taste too far off from a strawberry limeade. I had a hula hut salad with grilled shrimp and my husband had an appetizer of Nachoes with Thai buffalo chicken as his entree. My salad was really good, although I wish it had a lil more of the veggies that sold me on it and a lil less romaine. My husbands nachoes were enormous too much for him to eat. There were so many things on the menu that sounded good. Entrees ran from $9 to $30 the majority of them being in the $15 range. Next time in Austin we will be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere