“I love this (sports) bar!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shoal Creek Saloon

Shoal Creek Saloon
909 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78703-4946 (Downtown)
512-474-0805
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Downtown
Austin, Texas
“I love this (sports) bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Great place to watch a football game on Saturdays. Food is very good. Service even better. Try any of the Po Boys, the Boudin, and the shun chicken wings.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Hopewell, Virginia
“Austin's best pork chops. High quality meals at affordable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have eaten many pork chops in my day. Most of the time they are dry and needed some sauce to cover them up. Not this one. This is simply the best , juiciest chop I ever had. I came into Austin with 2 days to enjoy. My associates offered up if I wanted to go to Shoal creek Saloon and I said why not. They raved about the food here and it didn't disappoint. I ordered their famous Pork Chop which came with mash potatoes and gravy with green beans. Everyone on the table ordered different meals such as the Roast beef Po boy that can feed two, country fried steak, burger with habanero cheese and bacon, shrimp po boy sandwich, grilled tuna and other dishes. out of the 8 people 6 of us was dining for the first time. Every meal was great. I don't know why they don't offer sweet tea here in Austin but the Ice tea was refreshing in 100 degree heat. The tables were nice and had big screen TV's throughout the room. I would definitely come back here again. Total cost of my meal was 7 dollars without tip.

• Visited August 2013
Houston
“Great food, relaxing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I brought my son and his friends there for lunch on his birthday weekend. The deck in the back was very peaceful with a nice view of Shoal Creek and Duncan Park. They had a great time and the food was very good with large portions. The Cajun food, étouffée, was very good also and tasted like I've eaten in Louisiana. Give it a try!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Claude, Texas
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is an excellent place to eat, don't visit Austin without trying this restaurant. The steaks and catfish was great, the salads crisp and fresh. Grat service too.

Houston, Texas
“Cute Little Texas Saloon - Bad Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I brought my boyfriend here for his first time eating crawfish. We were on our way from North Austin to New Braunfels and after researching, reading reviews and asking friends in the area for the best place in Austin, this is where I decided to go.

It was a neat place to take him - the walls are decorated very country and there are photos of John Wayne and other "Texan" stuff on the walls. It definitely had a great atmosphere.

My only problem was the service, I am not a hard person to wait on, since I have been in the industry and I am patient. Our server was very nice, also. My problem was that after our meal was dropped off, our server immediately walked away without asking if it looked ok. I like to dip my crawfish in a side of seasoning and there was no butter of seasoning provided. It wasn't until we had eaten about 95% of the 5 lbs that our server checked on us and I was able to order a side of seasoning. My boyfriend, who had never had crawfish before, loved the seasoning. I wish we had it the whole time. Plus, the server charged my card $30 more than my check... but he corrected it and I am not upset. Someone else very well may have been, however.

Other than that, good atmosphere, great tasting crawfish and very good boudin with a nice bar selection. I just wish the service would have been better.