“Its okay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stubb's Bar-B-Q

Stubb's Bar-B-Q
801 Red River St, Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
(512) 480-8341
Neighborhood: Downtown
Round Rock, Texas
“Its okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I like this place a lot more than others for the music, i havent had there food but it does smell great...although...if it rains...don't bother you'll get your shoes ruiend by the mud. dirt is great for a bbq place...not for a venue.

Fulton, MO
“Kinda Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My cousins and I ate here this afternoon for lunch on our way outta Austin. I was craving some TX bbq and had heard good things about Stubbs. Alas though, I walked away disappointed in the taste and service of the place. We did arrive for a late afternoon lunch to be severed cold food and to less than service adequate. My cousin and I had the 3 meat combo platter with the beef brisket, spare ribs and link sausage and sides. The brisket was good even though it was cold and I didn't like the ribs. The Stubb's BBQ sauce that was provided was not the best I have ever tasted. My cousin described Stubb's BBQ sauce as ketchup with a bunch of spices mix in it. Omg I expected more from this historic bbq.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenville, South Carolina
“Not the best -- nice venue - especially if music is live”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Met a friend here for a taste of Austin BBQ and it was passable -- glad we had time later to go to Lockhart. Intersting layout of rooms and a fun trip downstairs to the bathrooms. Tried the three meat combo and had brisket, sausage and ribs. Brisket was pretty good but not spectacular and the sausage was not special. Ribs were okay but I prefer Memphis dry rub. It was pretty busy for a non live music night. Just a short walk from our stay at the Hilton.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vista, California
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Wow, food arrived quickly and was delicious, had the ribs and friend had the brisket, the sauce is really good, just a touch of heat, which I love. Cute little place. One thing I would recommend is to provide moist towlettes for patrons.

Visited October 2012
Australia
“Great Atmosphere, Okay Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I went here for the Sunday morning brunch / gospel. I have to say that of the three BBQ places I went to in Austin, Stubbs had by far the best surrounds and atmosphere. The Sunday gospel band was great fun and very entertaining.

Unfortunately though, the food was only average. The brisket was dry and the chicken was a little bland. The smoked jalepeno sausages were good. There are better BBQ places in Austin, but if you want atmosphere Stubbs has it in spades.

• Visited August 2012