“Great food, Great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eddie V's Edgewater Grille

Eddie V's Edgewater Grille
301 E. 5th Street, Austin, TX 78701 (Downtown)
(512) 472-1860
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Eddie V's Edgewater Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 3,154 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: San Jacinto
Description: If you want seafood, the buzz in town is Eddie V's Edgewater Grille. The Gulf Coast menu features lots of seafood - oysters, gulf snapper, fresh tuna, lobster, plus great prime steaks and chops. Expect a hip and high energy dining experience. Savor classic seafood starters like oysters on the half shell, fried coldwater baby lobster tail, and famous All Lump Crab Cakes. The extensive wine list features over 150 selections.
Rochester, Minnesota
“Great food, Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Dined at Eddie V's on 5th St on Feb 12th. I had the classic Caesar salad and filet mignon. Shared the snap peas and broccolini sides and a bottle of the Alexander Valley merlot. The food, wine, and service were all fantastic. We ate in the bar area and I must say it was a bit loud. But that was the only negative. I highly recommend Eddie V's!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dripping Springs, Texas, United States
“A fun birthday dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to Eddie V's because it was my birthday. It was elegant and the food was great. However, the noise level was high and my party of five were put on a big round table in the middle of the room and we couldn't hear across the table. We ordered a scallop appetizer and three of the five of us got a sand bite. Most of our entrees were great. I ordered the tuna and it was just too chewy for me. I ordered it medium rare and it came more to the rare side so I sent it back. After getting it back, it still wasn't to my liking. The manager offered to take it back again but I just ate part of it and took the rest home. My kitty got a very expensive meal that night. The wait staff was phenomenal. I would go again but I wouldn't order the tuna.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best seafood in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The seafood here is always fresh and the preparations are always tasty. I would particularly recommend the sea bass and scallops. The crab fried rice is a must as a side. Finally the banana foster rum cake dessert is awesome. Service is top notch. The only negative I think of is the main restaurant can be very noisy and the tables are placed as close together as possible for maximum seating capacity, but all in all certainly one of my favorites in Austin.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Get the goat cheese salad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I can't remember the name of it, but the goat cheese salad was almost the best salad I've ever had. I almost ordered one to take with me. I can't remember what my main course or dessert was but it was very good. My mom and her husband enjoyed the lobster and some kind of steak, not ribeye but it was better than what I had which was still good. The service was good, but my glass eas empty for awhile. Seems like the service decreased after getting the meal.

Upstate N.Y.
“Perhaps my best dining experience ever. And I have had a lot of them.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

And this, of course, begins with the service. Sonny {Sunny?} was attentive and helpful without being intrusive. She seemed genuinely interested in providing us with a great dining experience, offering advice when asked, spending as much time at our table as we wished, intuitively knowing when it was time to move on. Water glasses were filled, dishes removed when appropriate by others in her team. A very pleasant manager also stopped by our table a couple times to check on our perception of our evening.
The food. A beautifully prepared steak. A fine bowl of lobster bisque. A yellowtail sashimi. And ahi tuna as entre. Everything was beautifully presented and prepared as requested. Our server checked to ensure everything met our expectations. We were never rushed. A table was reserved for us in front of the jazz band. This was a $200 night with drinks, not including tips. It was money well spent.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere