“This has really deteriorated” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
San Jose, California
“This has really deteriorated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I visited here 4 years ago and loved the experience so couldn't wait to go back again. I wished I'd kept it only as a good memory. I was extremely disappointed. The service was terrible, the people clearly do not care at all how your experience is, and the food was just plain average. There must be dozens of better BBQ places here. I won't be going again nor will I recommend it to anyone.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

AUSTIN
“first time last time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was really looking forward to try the ribs here based on the misleading pic of a long line of people waiting from inside to outside! When I arrived there was no line. I ordered a plate of pork ribs to go. I Watched as the guy pulled out the already made ribs from the big oven which was off. I asked green beans instead of the regular beans and potato salad. I left in a hurry because I was very hungry hoping o get home with hot food! The ribs were cold, the potato salad smelled spoiled ,the green beans were a real light lime green, and the bbq sauce smelled spoiled. I did not go all the back just threw the food away. It cost me $13.50 to never come back!!!!! your welcome!!!!! I would not even serve this to a stray dog!!!!!!!!! I will be letting everyone I know never to ever think of eating here!!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Authenticity in an unexpected location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Iron Works is tucked into a corner of the Austin Convention Center, but maintains a feel of outdoors. You go here to eat meat. If you are looking for brocoli or asparagus, go to the local Whole Foods store because you won't get veggies here. Potato salad, beer and meet are what you come here to get, and you will get them all in volume.

The whole atmosphere is pretty laid back and could well be out of the local hill country. A very nice outdoor eating area overlooking a small creek provides for a nice place to set. You hardly know you are in an urban setting when you are inside.

All the meat for two with a couple of beers will only set you back about $30. This may just be the only place like this in the entire country.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albuquerque, NM
“Good food, fast service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Good food and service was fast. Brisket and sausage were very good, ribs were okay. Prices are reasonable. Atmosphere was fine. Overall, good to very good experience, but not great.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Hungry in Austin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were hungry and wanting to eat some Tex Mex or BBQ when we came across the Iron Works and decided to try it out b/c the parking lot was full. We were all very pleased with our meals of BBQ beef and their side dishes. I would be a regular if I lived here. Wonderful stuff!

Visited May 2013