“Stone Crab Legs and Delicous Fish” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown

Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown
400 Colorado St, Austin, TX 78701-2919 (Downtown)
512-482-9000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Truluck's Seafood - Austin Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,938 Restaurants in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Austin, Texas
“Stone Crab Legs and Delicous Fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Truluck's is a great restaurant. Occasionally, the delivery from the kitchen can be slow due to how many folks are there. It is a bit higher priced but their selection of fish and crab is fabulous. You can't go wrong. You absolutely HAVE to valet park due to their location but they are pretty quick about delivering your car back to you. I would highly recommend

Visited November 2012

Austin, Texas
“Too Expensive for Bad Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We ate with 2 other couples and we had very slow service, the food was good when it arrived, and the portions were adequate, but we hadn't planned for a 3 hour meal. It was not a dining event - it was slow service.

Visited January 2012
“Judged us at the door”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My mother-in-law was new to Austin and we visited the Pecan Festival on 6th street. Afterwards she said she was hungry and we wanted to treat her to something nice. It was pretty late, maybe 9-10pm. We walked over to the resturant and waited to be seated. The hostess informed us that there was a 2 hour wait for tables. We looked around and there was hardly anybody there. My guess is, she didn't want to seat us because of how we were dressed. We were dressed pretty causal - shorts and blouse and my husband was wearing shorts and a polo. We confronted her about it and she denied it and said there was just a long waiting list to be seated. She said we could wait the 2 hours if we'd like at the bar, but seeing how it would be close to midnight by the time we would be seated and the dining room closes at 11pm, we left. I'm sure if we weren't tired or hungry we would have made a bigger stink about it, but this was the last time we would go to this establishment. I get dress codes, but she didn't say that's what it was. Maybe she thought we didn't have money because we weren't dressed for a ball. Either way, if you go here, dress like you have money, because if you don't they're going to assume you have none. [--] You Trulucks for judging us at the door. By the way Driskill was awesome that night!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“First class!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Took the wife last week for our anniversary and it exceeded my expectations. We had the all you can eat stone crab, which included salad and a soup or side. We went with the lobster bisque, which was splendid. The ambiance was great, but it was a little noisy at times. Either way, trulucks ranks as one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. The service is outstanding. I felt like we were given nothing but the best service and attention. To top off our special occasion, our waiter brought out a complimentary Happy Anniversary chocolate lava cake! It was such a nice touch which helped me look like a hero. When I made my reservation earlier that day, they had asked if I was going due to a special occasion. I had forgotten they asked, so I was pretty surprised when the special dessert came out. Also, it wasn't some plain cake, but a very thoughtful and special looking dessert that looked amazing and took effort to make. This was the cherry on top to make our night extra special. Then, the next day, I get a follow up call to see if all was to my satisfaction. Yet another classy touch. Yes, it's a little pricey, but I do feel you get what you pay for and more. Sometimes you can't put a price on giving you loved one a night to remember.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas, United States
“SCRUMPOUS!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The service and food and Truluck's excellent. Live music (piano bar) as well. I had the crabcake, mashed potatoes & asparagus off the "Date Night" menu which included the knife and fork caesar salad and carrot cake for dessert for $39. The cake slices were huge....enough for two people.

Visited December 2012