“Solid brunch choice” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th
Transit: Bus routes drop off within walking distance to our restaurant.
Description: The Old Pecan Street Cafe has been an Austin favorite for over 40 years. Located adjacent to the the world famous Sixth Street, the cafe serves brunch, lunch, dinner, and dessert daily. In addition to the many popular entrees, the restaurant is widely know for their famous Pecan Pie. A great place to stop and enjoy many favorite dishes in the heart of downtown Austin, Texas.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Solid brunch choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Visited Austin for the weekend with friends and and found OPSC when I hit the Near Me Now button on TripAdvisor's mobile app. Nice feel in the restaurant - refined but not stuffy. Good service. Nice brucnch selection. Migas were recommended but I opted for a three egg omlette with fixins and a couple of Bloody Marys. Sit in the outdoor courtyard!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Delicious business dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice, quaint place for a meal....ours was delicious. We were seated in a room that was a little crowded for the size of our group (50ish people in our group) Wait staff very nice and attentive. My husband said his steak was the BEST he had ever eaten!! I had the stuffed chicken breast and it was excellent, too. Sides were really good. Would definitely eat here again.

Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Visited this charming cafe with business associates. It is located in close proximity to hotels and 6th Street. Service was excellent and the food was delicious. We had some issues with our drinks as some of the requested liquor was not available and the cafe's blender was broken, so no frozen margaritas or daquiris. Otherwise, a nice visit and I'd probably go back.

Visited January 2013
globeseeker007
1,076 helpful votes 1,076 helpful votes
“Good food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stopped in for a meal just after the lunch crowd had left so we were the only ones in the place. We ordered sandwiches and I had the club sandwich. Both came with chips and were quite tasty. The young man who waited on us was very pleasant and accommodating. We topped it off with dessert and coffee. I had the pecan pie which was delicious. We were passing through and look forward to coming again for dinner some time.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greer, South Carolina
“Best Migas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

They have awesome Migas! I wish I had the chance to go back and try some of their other items on their menu. The next time I'm in Austin I'll make a point of eating at Old Pecan Street Cafe!

Visited February 2013