“Very, very good and most importantly, consistent!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Saccone's Pizza

Saccone's Pizza
11416 620 North Suite N, Austin, TX 78726 (Northwest Austin)
(512) 257-1200
Cuisines: Italian, Californian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: Northwest Austin
Cedar Park, Texas
“Very, very good and most importantly, consistent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've been coming here for a few years and each and every time, I order the same thing - the meatball sub and a slice or two of pie. Ironically, I only discovered this place due to Rudino's on 620 being really, really bad for the last time and I noticed it in the plaza across the road - I'm glad I did. The food is always fresh and piping hot, and despite what I've read here, I've never had bad customer service here.

The price is a bit up there for large pizza's, but I've never seen a large not feed a table of people, and with the quality you find here, it's not hard to argue that it's worth it. If they delivered further out (or more frequently), and if they sold pie by the slice on Friday & Saturday, it'd be a solid 5 star.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Antonio, Texas
“Should be called Suck-Cones”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

First let me say that the pizza at this place is awesome. We moved here from NY and we loved this place because it tastes like back in NY. But the customer service and the staff of this place are a bunch of unprofessional people. Some time back, they had a coupon deal. You buy 10 pizzas, the next one is free if you have the 10 coupons from the pizza box. We did this for a long time since we ate their weekly. But then one day we went in to cash our 10 coupons and the guy says, "We don't do that program anymore." I said, but c'mon, that must have just ended. We were here last week. He said that it ended a few days earlier. So we asked them to honor the coupons since the 10 pizzas were purchased during the buy 10 get one free period. His reply? "No." We argued about this with him for about 10 minutes as our pizza got cold and our kids saw a great example of how not to treat people. What ever happened to the customer is always right? My family has owned two small businesses and I was shocked by this clown's behavior. So then he says they will give us credit in this new rewards program that is entered automatically after we order. So guess what? Like suckers, we fall for it and we accumulate 10 new orders. On the 11th we try to cash in on a freebie and the guy says "The system has been broken and we don't have records of how many pizzas you've bought." So we boycotted them. We hated doing it because the food is good, but we did. So this week, we call up to order from them. We have a coupon for $5 off from our church guide. The coupon doesn't expire until 2013, but without seeing it the guy says it is expired. My wife corrects him. Then he says the coupon is good Monday thru Friday at which time she tells him it is Friday. He then says that the coupon is not good for delivery. She tells him it says delivery or dine in. He argues with her for 10 minutes. We finally hung up and toldhim no thanks. These are really unkind, unprofessional and deceitful people who do offers when it is good for them. They will not honor coupons or offers if it isn't convenient for them. Amazing that they advertise in a church but they act horribly like this. DON'T EAT HERE. LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE. NO CLASS. Who argues with a customer about $5 when we were clearly right? They have a history of doing this. Go elsewhere.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Park, Texas
“Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

When we crave pizza or subs, this is where we take the family. With all the fresh ingredients, we have yet to be disappointed.
My daughter has a dairy allergy and this is one of the few places were the marinara sauce is safe for her - she loves it although she can't quite pronounce the name right.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“Good pizza, not so good customer service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

First let me say that I know pizza. I was born in NY and I know good NY style pizza. Saccone's has a good pie and it is good NJ pizza. Love it, in fact. Prices are a little steep. For a Steve's Special you pay $13. FOR A CHEESE PIZZA! That's a bit much for me. When we lived in Long Island we got a large chees for $9. I digress. If you ask for delivery, they nail you with a $2 delivery fee. But what bothers me about this place is that they had this reward system that they did away with which I loved. Basically you have coupons on the pizza box that you clip. If you collect 10, they gave you a free pie. Well, we ate carry out a lot and used this reward program quite a bit and one day we went in with our 10 coupons and the dude says that they discontinued the program. Rather than honoring it one last time, he sticks to his guns. He then says they are going to track the number of orders a person places via their computer. So, taking the guy's word for it, we start anew. Weeks/months later we go in after 10 pizzas and we try to use the new system. Same guy tells us the new system isn't working and nothing he can do. We're now 20 pizzas into this...basically we expressed our disatisfaction and stopped eating there. I can tell you we would order weekly from them, but the experience left such a lousy taste in our mouth that not even good tasting pizza can remove the taste. Again, good food, lousy customer skills.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Mama Mia!! Molto Delizioso!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Having eaten the best of NJ pizza, in NJ, I can tell you this is authentic! Delicious fresh ingredients, great hand tossed crust!! I am from Austin, and know the area has multiple great pizza joints, but don't miss this one!! Oh, and try the Dan's Special I give it 5 fist pumps! ;)

• Visited June 2012