“Always consistent quality” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
“Always consistent quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Suzi's is one of my favorites. The food is always good, the portions are perfect and the price is very reasonable. I eat there at least once or twice a month, and, Suzi is a gem. She makes you feel special and welcome.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Good lunch menu in a very nice environment for the cost.

“I'm never going back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I will never go back to any of their locations. I recently went with a group of friends at 10:15pm. We were greeted with open arms by someone I believe to be one of the owners, Suzie. That pretense of being welcomed quickly disappeared as we sat down and the waiter started to rush us along saying that the kitchen was closing very soon. Why pretend to welcome us in the first place when they obviously resented having to cook our meals and serve us? Just tell us the truth up front and we would have been very happy to go somewhere else. Many of the items on the menu were not available. When the food came, two of the tempura meals were cold, couldn't be eaten and were sent back. Of course the chef was gone so we were out of luck in getting any more food. By that time, we had all lost our appetite and couldn't get out of the place fast enough. The bartender / owner was full of nasty hostility as we waited to pay our bills. I have never experienced such unpleasantness coming from the owner of a restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Eat here if you like insult and hostility”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I was in a party of 8 at Suzi's. From the minute we sat down they were trying to get us out the door. We got there about 15 minutes before their posted closing time. A couple in our party ordered 3 items plus sake. Only when the food was presented did the waiter tell them that one of the items wasn't available. The two remaining orders were plated on a single(!) plate and were cold when they should be served hot. The food was sent back. The waiter said the kitchen was now closed, the cook had left and no more food could be ordered. At that point we asked for to go containers and the bill. The couple's sake was on the bill. When asked that it to be removed, the waiter went to the owner in the back. We could hear his reply? "Tell them to come back here and talk to me!" What an unpleasant experience. I'll never go there again.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Terrible service, arrogant staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

Horrible experience. The service was lousy. We felt rushed, like they wanted us to leave. We were told to "hurry up and order" because their kitchen was closing. Well, why seat us then? What kind of service is that? I was ordering sushi and asked for eel. "We don't have any." Why not mention that first? The California Rolls were small. I get bigger ones at HEB for less. The owner was unfriendly and downright offensive, very different demeanor compared to "Suzi" who greeted us at the door. Never going back there or to any other locations.