“Nice bistro style restruant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cypress Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 2,990 Restaurants in Austin
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mopac Expressway
georgia
“Nice bistro style restruant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Went on recommendation of staffer from my Austin Office and was really good. The BBQ shrimp and Blackened fish was very good. Our server was very pleasant and not overly attentive. When we went they had a live jazz group that reminded me a little of upper Bourbon Street in NOLA

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Excellent menu of choices and good service too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The menu is chock full of choices that even the pickiest of eaters would be happy here. The service was prompt and accommodating. The food was so good, we went back two nights later for a second meal. The Shrimp Platter with fries is loaded with big shrimp lightly battered so that the flavor is full of shrimp and not just batter. The Shrimp Pasta Rockefeller was so delicious that I want to try to recreate the meal at my home. Too bad I was in town visiting and that I couldn't make this a regular place. Definitely will go back when I'm in Austin again.

Visited November 2012
Vancouver Island
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We went here to partly because it was near our hotel and featured live music (Thurs night) What a treat to discover such delicious food at a moderate price .. We were early enough for Happy hour... the margarita was great. The crawfish enchiladas were delicious . We couldn't resist the bourbon chocolate pecan pie OMG!

• Visited November 2012
Dripping Springs, Texas
“Consistently on Target”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

I love fried catfish and this is the place to be for a scrumptious fried catfish dinner or poor boy. The bread is delicious. I always get a side of red beans and rice to top it off perfectly. I know the strip center locale may not be perfect but the location is close to everything. The staff has always been attentive the times we have been there. Enjoy!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lockhart, Texas
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We ate here because of a half-price coupon we purchase from Travel-Zoo's Local Deals.
This restaurant sits in a strip center. Upon entering, we were not too sure what kind of a meal we would be getting. The atmosphere is not the best and quite sparse. A no frills casual dinning family restaurant, yes. A romantic, candle lit, Louisiana restaurant, no. If you can get over this then the food is excellent! Some of the best we have had.

We started with a nice cup of Jambalaya with chicken and andouille sausage at 5.39 a cup. I had one of the house specialties, their New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp at $13.99 and my wife had their grilled 8 oz filet of Scottish King Salmon topped with their wonderful Crawfish Etouffée. This was by far the best dish at $15.99. Our daughter (who is not into seafood) choose the Chicken Fried Stake. Hey - this is Texas. This "has" to be on any given menu. I have to say it was the biggest serving we have seen. Served with Andouille gravy. Really a great meal and well cooked. She loved it to say the least. $10.49. We all shared a New Orleans Bread Pudding with Bourbon sauce which we wished we had more of. Fantastic. $5.49. Total bill of fare with tip was approx. $50.00. Neither an in-expensive nor expensive meal. The wait staff was excellent, good suggestions and friendly.

BTW, this is not just a Cajun food restaurant. Their menu offers a variety of food. From Burgers to Pot Roast and Pork Chops to Po-Boys. There is something for everybody. They also serve a weekend breakfast. Check their menu out at Cypressgrill.net.

My suggestion to management would be to cover the concrete floor with an inexpensive industrial carpet and maybe cover the tables with some kind of table cloths. Maybe plastic so that they can be cleaned and a paper mat put down after each dining. Maybe a candle at night would make a nice improvement. These would help the restaurant's atmosphere a great deal but still present a casual family place to eat.

• Visited September 2012