“Fantastic place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vespaio Ristorante

Vespaio Ristorante
1610 S. Congress St, Austin, TX 78704 (South Austin)
512.441.6100
Neighborhood: South Austin
Oregon
“Fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Amazing food and excellent service. Not cheap, but no regrets. I would go out of my way to eat here again. Located in SoCo area, with lots to see and do before and after dinner.

Visited March 2013

85% Recommend
“Not a place I would go back to.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I just think that they have a impressive amount of work to come close to real authentic Italian food-

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Crispy risotto balls--very nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Try the suppli appetizer. The arrabbiata wasn't very spicy to my taste but it was a really flavorful dish. Good fresh mista salad, too.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
whitchurch
“Almost authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having spent quite a bit of time in Italy I have come to accept that Italian food in USA is not quite the same thing. Having said that we were very pleasantly surprised when we called in for lunch whilst on holiday in the SoCo ares. We had tried to get in for dinner the previous night but decided against waiting 25 minutes to be seated. However having tasted the lunchtime food I can well understand why some people are more than happy to wait. I had the seafood pasta whic came with a plentiful assortment of Calamari (whole, baby ones - not the usual rubbery elastic band bits that you often get), shrimp & clams whilst my husband had a pizza. He is very fussy about his pizza, liking it very thin & crispy. We were assured by our waitress that this was how it would be served & she wasn't wrong!
The atmosphere is buzzing but for all that it was not noisy & we certainly felt relaxed in there even though we had a table slap bang in the middle. From a conversation I overheard I gather that the lady who manages front of house is married to the chef & she is a testament to the smooth running & professionalism of the whole establishment.

A very pleasant experience

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had a Friday nite reservations, still waited about 30 minutes, but grabbed seats at bar. Food was very good, service very good. Nice atmosphere, nothing extraordinary. Overall a great dinner out. We all enjoyed our dinners.

• Visited February 2013