“Absolutely incredible.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Uchi

Uchi
801 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704-1509 (South Austin)
(512) 916-4808
Cross street: Barton Springs
Cleveland, Ohio
“Absolutely incredible.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

LOVED just about everything about this great restaurant!
Not your usual sushi place. Innovative and different, it was a meal we won't soon forget.
If you get there before 6:30 you can order from the happy hour menu and get some amazing deals. I mean saki for $3!?
And I can't even describe what I ate. I only know each dish was better than the last.
The wait staff is wonderful about making suggestions and describing the food. They are very attentive. (I think there were 4 or 5 different people serving and attending to us throughout the meal.)
Plan to order many small plates and try new flavors. They encourage you to order a few items and then order more later as you go, depending on how hungry you are. I love grazing this way.
Even the 2 sushi-phobic folks we brought along, found dishes on the menu that they loved.
(The menu has a little symbol by each item showing if it is raw or not.) They had the dewberry hills farm chicken and the pork belly rolls and were very happy.

There was only one thing we ordered (at the suggestion of our waiter) that we did not like.
A sort of fried rice in a pot. Very salty and mushy. We'll just skip that one next time.

For my birthday dessert they brought out the sweet corn sorbet polenta custard with caramel salt and lemon - we wanted to lick the bowl. AMAZING.

• Visited November 2012

• Polish first
The Southwest
“Wonderful Japanese Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were a group of 5 and 4-5 people is the perfect number of people to visit this restaurant. We each ordered 2-3 things from the extensive menu and shared. Everything we had was fantastic. Our server was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The place has a great vibe and makes for a nice evening out.

• Visited November 2012
Austin, Texas
“Best sushi in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Although expensive this restaurant really is a gem if you like sushi. I have never left the restaurant disappointed.

Visited October 2012
“The best meal of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

There is not much too say about this restaurant due to it is now my favourite restaurant of all time. The food is the best food I have ever eaten. Service was fantastic and the atmosphere in incredible. I have always hated Brussel sprouts but they cover it in some source which made even kids love it, It was my favourite part of the meal. Incredible food with amazing soda and cocktails.

Houston, Texas, United States
“Wow! One of the most amazing meals we have ever eaten.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We had heard so much about this restaurant. One of its chef's won Top Chef this year and it was recommended by so many foodie friends. The most memorable dishes were a potk belly that had been sous vided then flash fried. A sticky rice hot pot rocked and the finisher, a brown butter sorbet served along side a lilting flan blew us away.

Pricey and worth every penny!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere