“Good home cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night
Description: Howdy strangers and neighbors, Welcome to Threadgill's. We hope to have something for everyone. Scroll around and find out the daily food specials, who is playing live at either location and order our cookbook, t-shirts or other merchandise. You can plan to have your next party, business meeting or rehearsal dinner surrounded by great food and hospitality at Threadgill's. Check out the menu for eating in, take out or catering. If you are so inclined you can read about our history and contribution to Austin's great food and music scene. Enjoy, and we'll see you soon!
Scarborough, ME, United States
“Good home cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We took some out of state visitors to this restaurant for some chicken fried steak. Threadgill's never messes up. They are consistently good. Our waitress even brought out some collard greens for our guests to try and it was really good. Nice and friendly staff and good food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Camarillo, California
“Would like to try this place again as my visit may have been an exception.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Had lunch here on a recent weekend. Like the atmosphere of the place. I have been told from several people I know and trust that the place is really fun when there is live music. There was none when I was there. I found the food overall to be average. Maybe I just ordered the wrong dishes. Service was OK. Worth a try, especially when there is music.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
“Great service and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We decided to drop in on Thursday of SXSW - although it took some time to get a parking spot, we walked right in and were seated. Our waitress was by far one of the best we've ever had and was extremely helpful in recommendations. If she didn't know the answer, she went to get the correct answer (beer questions) and even brought out a sample of their San Antonio Squash when we questioned what it was (and it's absolutely delicious).

Dallas, Texas
“One of my favorites as an Austinite and now every time I visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

When I lived in Austin I frequented Threadgills, and now every time I'm in Austin I HAVE to go. I think I have tried at least half the menu, and I have never been disappointed. My favorites are the chicken and dumplings and the veggie burger. The jalapeno cornbread is to die for, and all the sides are so tasty. Portions are big enough to have a meal for the next day, and the wait staff is always friendly and attentive. Great place for a hearty hangover meal after a night on 6th Street or a lazy Sunday afternoon dinner.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Longview, Texas
“Great place !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great place to go and not feel rushed. The chicken fried steak was very good. Also the pecan crushed chicken was also yum yum. Our server, Jess, was wonderful. When visiting in Austin, we always go here for lunch. They have daily specials.....and the portions are large. Will be back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere