“Night and day” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,810 of 3,160 Restaurants in Austin
Willis, Texas, United States
“Night and day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

First meal was good. Second meal had an extremely incompetant server. He got something wrong with the meal and the desert, but I just grinned and bore it.

Visited September 2013

“Good interstate stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Was at this location a few times during my most recent trip. Fairly soild restaurant reputation. This location does a solid job. Staff seems friendly. I would pass this restaurant during lunch on Sunday if you want to save time. They pack the house. Shows where a good place to eat is.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hurst, Texas
“For Denny's this is a good store - may be corporate owned”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

Denny’s today, due to handing over their business to franchisees, is a cornucopia of uncertainty. I go back because of their value menu, but sometimes I wish I had driven on by. I’ve eaten with this store in years past, and on this visit had another good experience. I stopped in on Black Friday, and was greeted by a table server I recognized. She wasted no time in getting us seated, some coffee on the table, and taking our order. The order was delivered by other than our server, and I was perturbed to be totally ignored when I told her they didn’t bring the extra syrup and butter as requested. Not being willing to sit around waiting until my pancakes got cold, I got the manager’s attention who immediately remedied the problem. We had two each of the value slam breakfast, and it was everything expected. Foods were prepared to the correct temperature, visually appealing, and tasted great as they should. The store wasn’t overflowing busy, but neither was it dead at 7AM. I would recommend this store for family dining, and I expect I will be eating with them again when I am visiting their city. As franchise operators go, this appears to be a good one, as the store does not show signs of neglect, everything is clean enough, and in good working condition. There are a few Denny’s company owned locations left, and this one might even be one of those – it’s hard to tell, because it was in good condition and working properly. I was happy with what I got for my money.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Denny's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.