“Simply amazing !” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Marietta, Georgia
“Simply amazing !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The pastrami is the BEST in the USA. Smoked for 14 hours leaves it incredibly tender. Had a plate with home made pickles, home made mustard, and artisan sourdough bread.
Let's not forget the banana cream pie which fed 3 adults with one piece.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

austin,Texas
“Fabulous pastrami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Pastrami is the clear winner, pizza ok, but pastrami is love on a plate, go enjoy. Great pies for desert.

Visited January 2014
Austin, Texas
“Interesting...Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I went to Pieous for a family birthday. The pastrami was the best I have had since Katz's closed 4 years ago. Pizza's were interesting, especially the Brussel Sprout and Fig jam with goat cheese pizza. I didn't try the standards, because I wasn't ordering. The beer was micro brews, and perfectly matched. The wine was generic.

I grew up in upstate New York, where pizza was our constant comfort food. This is not your red chekered table cloth pizza joint; but it was great and I enjoyed it.

The staff, especially the beautiful Ukranian lady from Chicago, were friendly and prompt.

I will go back, but again, this is more Wolfgang Puck and less the traditional pizza. I can't stop raving about the Pastrami.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Texas
“Best Pizza in Texas_DvB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I received an invitation to eat at Pieous when a friend from called unexpectedly to let me know he was in Austin, and I happened to be leaving Austin at that point so a quick U-turn allowed me to be there in less than 20 minutes. I had never heard of this place, but the third person in our group lives and Austin and lauded its food and cited a multitude of positive reviews. If you’re not paying attention you might miss it, since it is set off from the road. Turning into the gravel lot I thought the parking lot looked a bit empty for such a highly recommend spot.

Entering I realized that the dining area is not very large and it was definitely packed with a line to order. My two associates had already seated themselves and ordered food. I arrived to two find two pizzas just placed and was offered a slice of each rather than lining for a new order. The portions would easily feed two people per pizza. The first bite confirmed the Austinites declaration of excellence. The two different sets of toppings capped marvelous crust and sauce. This is the best pizza I’ve had in Texas, and on par in quality and taste to New York or Chicago offerings.

I will be back again for lunch. I can imagine that it is difficult to navigate the area after dark with hills and such.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fast Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I went here at high noon to grab a pizza to take back to the office. I was told the wait would be 10 minutes. I don't think it even took that long.

I'm a huge pizza fanatic and this was worth the trip. I now have a regular lunch place to go to when I forget to bring my lunch.

Inside atmosphere was great too. Looked like it would be a decent date place and had lots of outdoor seating for warmer days.

I will definitely be going back lots more.