“Best Pizza in Texas_DvB” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #79 of 3,123 restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Pizza
Texas
“Best Pizza in Texas_DvB”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I received an invitation to eat at Pieous when a friend from called unexpectedly to let me know he was in Austin, and I happened to be leaving Austin at that point so a quick U-turn allowed me to be there in less than 20 minutes. I had never heard of this place, but the third person in our group lives and Austin and lauded its food and cited a multitude of positive reviews. If you’re not paying attention you might miss it, since it is set off from the road. Turning into the gravel lot I thought the parking lot looked a bit empty for such a highly recommend spot.

Entering I realized that the dining area is not very large and it was definitely packed with a line to order. My two associates had already seated themselves and ordered food. I arrived to two find two pizzas just placed and was offered a slice of each rather than lining for a new order. The portions would easily feed two people per pizza. The first bite confirmed the Austinites declaration of excellence. The two different sets of toppings capped marvelous crust and sauce. This is the best pizza I’ve had in Texas, and on par in quality and taste to New York or Chicago offerings.

I will be back again for lunch. I can imagine that it is difficult to navigate the area after dark with hills and such.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

96% Recommend
“Fast Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I went here at high noon to grab a pizza to take back to the office. I was told the wait would be 10 minutes. I don't think it even took that long.

I'm a huge pizza fanatic and this was worth the trip. I now have a regular lunch place to go to when I forget to bring my lunch.

Inside atmosphere was great too. Looked like it would be a decent date place and had lots of outdoor seating for warmer days.

I will definitely be going back lots more.

Dripping Springs, Texas, United States
“Worth the wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We arrived at 5:45 on a Saturday, hoping to get ahead of the crowd. The line was already to the door and the tables were all taken. However, it was totally worth the wait and a table opened up fairly quickly . The pizza crust was probably the best I have ever had. It was tender and delicious. Our table ordered three pizzas for four people and we took home a lot of extra yumminess for the next day. We had two of their house pizzas (Shroom and one with some wonderful meats) and our companions had a custom pizza. We also ordered a salad and a pitcher of the Lobo beer. It was all great. During the time we were there, the line never got shorter but the orders came out pretty quickly. The room was fairly noisy and people jumped on tables as soon as they became available. There was seating outside but it was a coolish day and no one wanted to sit out. Even though Pieous is out a bit from Austin and the pizza is a little spendy, it is totally worth the drive and the wait.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
slcas332
“Fresh homemade mozzerella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The pizza was made better than most because of the cheese. You really can taste the freshness and it does make a difference. Plus the pepperoni comes out the way we like it, thin and crispy and lots of it on the pie. There is not a whole lot of atmosphere, but we weren't there for that. Had a beer on draft - Lobo Lito,a new one for us. A nice, easy, light beer. We didn'tget dessert, but saw a large family plowing through a couple of the gigantic cookies and brownies and they all seemed to be enjoying them.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Fresh ingredients equal real food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Pizza the way you hope it would be. Pieous makes and serves individually made gourmet pizzas in a family friendly environment. Made from scratch, using fresh and homemade mozzarella cheese, Pieous is a treasure just outside of Austin proper.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere