“Sway my Way” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Sway my Way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great addition to Austin. Sway has a very stylish look and some great food. Love sitting outside in the courtyard on a beautiful Austin afternoon.

Austin
“Yay - super fun experience and good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Yup - this place is one of the better restaurants in Austin. We had a group of 8 and sat outside which was great. For about 30 minutes of the meal we had these super drunk guys at the table but once they got up, we were able to spread out and relax. (it was 6.30 - honestly what what were they drinking to be wasted by 6.30 (no judgement though)) I usually don't like dining with the whole - sharing thing, but this was really fun. All the dishes were tasty so it worked out because I got to try so many. Parking isn't an issue because there's free valet which is so great - parking in Austin is sometimes a pain. I'd have to come back and try the seating arrangement inside - looks a little awkward but the ambiance is nice. Our waiter was awesome - I thought he did a really good job of checking in on us but not bugging us. I'll definitely check this place out again!

Austin, Texas
“Austin's New Hot Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was our second visit. This new hot spot just gets better and is now among Austin's best restaurants.

The food, the ambience, and the buzz are so fine here that you really must arrive early or expect a serious wait.

There are so many creative, outstanding choices on the menu - the curry choices, the crispy whole fish, the satays, the quail, the vegetables, etc., etc. The spices, the sauces, the presentation - all outstanding. We and our foodie friends marveled at it all.

For drink, it's only beer and wine. But use the occasion to pick one of the outstanding sake choices. I've become convinced sake accompanies Thai food best of all.

The service was superb, friendly, professional. And the atmosphere is gorgeous. The "communal" table approach is a little odd, but if your party can find a corner or end section, it's fine.

Bottom line: this South Austin gem is rising to the top tier. Watch out, Uchi!

Jerusalem, Israel
“ANOTHER FABULOUS MEAL IN AUSTIN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

WOW!!!! Our meal eas just wonderful. The fresh oysters were awesome. Don't miss the blue crab fried rice, or for that matter the pad Thai , chicken in a chili sauce and so.on. I wins we had come with more people then I could have tasted even more from this unique menu. You sit at large sauce tables with others, the waiters were most helpful and the food arrives quickly. The location is great and this is a very popular place. There are no reservations so come early or try a week night rather than a weekend. There is no liquor, only wine and beer. This is definitely worth a visit even if you think you don't like Thai food, you'll love this. I promise!!!!!

New York
“Best Thai food Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The ambiance and atmosphere are as wonderful as the food. There are large communal tables spread out on a large floor plan. Even though the tables were communal they afforded privacy and intimacy. It's refreshing that the restaurant is not too loud. The lighting is seductive and the decor modern Asian with lots of exotic wood accents. There is a huge open kitchen in the rear. Our server was a lovely, charming woman who gave us much attention and guidance with the menu.
We started with the Satay, which had a sample of pork, shrimp and tofu. I ate the tofu and it was crispy on the outside, firm yet creamy on the inside. The sauce was not typical at all, a little spicy and a tiny bit sweet.
We also had the shumi dumplings, there were 4 little mounds of art and these were just wonderful. Beautifully presented on a banana leaf, they were delicate and scrumptious.
We also had the pad thai, vegetarian fried rice, vegetarian green curry and a side dish of yams. All dishes were a balance of flavors. Both vegetarian dishes had lots of heat, but somehow the multiple ingredients in each dish still were discernible. The curry was served with a side of coconut rice and the yams were a treat from heaven.
Let me finish this review by saying that I live in New York City and we don't have a Thai restaurant that comes close to Sway, but I wish we did.

• Visited February 2013