“Great light menu, good location, fair pricing, and excellent service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brio Tuscan Grille

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Austin, Texas
“Great light menu, good location, fair pricing, and excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have written many reviews for TripAdvisor and just noticed that the rating system jumps from Average to Very Good. This place is certainly not Average although I am not sure I can say it is Very Good. It is at least Good and on some criteria Very Good.

Very Good is the Light Tuscan Menu. The Carpaccio is outstanding - 5 stars. It is real Carpaccio and a perfect size as a starter or a very light meal and only $7. I have had the lemon chicken and the salmon salad...both were good enough that i would order them again. I would also choose to go to this restaurant for the Light Menu choices.

I have been four times now and have found the service to be 4-5 stars every time. There are also many seating choices including a decent outside patio. It is a little noisy inside when full but not enough to make you crazy....just enough to be a little irritating.

We found the pricing to be very fair for what you get. In fact, in some cases, we aren't sure how they serve the quality of food for the price. They probably make most of the margin on drinks, like most restaurants.

We will go back. You should give it a try.

Austin, Texas
“Atmosphere is Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I recently dined at the Brio Tuscan Grille with a friend. I love the Italian flair of the decor. It was chilly, so we sat inside and since it was early on Sunday, it was fairly quiet. By the time we left, it was getting quite noisy, however. The patios are wonderful, with the extremely comfortable furniture, and I will certainly sit outside next time. The food was tasty and cost was as reasonable as any other restaurant of the same caliber. Service was excellent. I will definitely eat there again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas, United States
“The best Italian place in Austin!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is a recently open BRIO Tuscan Grille in Austin Arboretum area which I do love. The stuff is friendly and helpful, the chef is a real pro in my opinion (everything from appetizers to dessert is yummy!). They have a nice design, fine bar, and outside area with lounge sitting. It's a popular place so if you want quiet and romantic dinner I would avoid Fridays and Saturdays (too much crowd for me, but they still do their best to find a table though). Overall, my experience with BRIO was always positive, whether it was a family dinner, a corporate event, or a Sunday brunch. I do recommend trying Bruschetta Quattro which is good for a company of 2 or 4, Pasta BRIO or Campanelle Carbonara which are sooo good, and their Tiramisu is just perfect. They also have Kids Menu, Online Orders to pick-up, provide Catering, have special Bar Menu and Light Menu.. It really is a great place (and I am not one of the employees or a promoter, I swear, just a regular guest who is happy to leave nearby :)

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Georgetown, Texas
“Great patio dining! Enjoy the Arboretum mall to its fullest!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Brio Tuscan Grille is located at the Arboretum Shopping Center in Austin, Texas, which is one of the nicest Simon malls. It is like shopping in a park; there are walking trails, lots of oak trees and very well landscaped. Therefore, Brio’s patio dining area is very attractive and inviting. In fact the patio dining is their best feature.
We found that the interior decor is very attractive; however, we felt there could be a higher partitions between the booths and the various dining areas. Although the floors are carpeted we found the dinning to be very noisy. My wife remarked and I agreed it was like eating in Grand Central Station; very noisy.
We had their dinner Chicken Milanese, which was good but not outstanding. For those light eaters, they do split the entrees in the kitchen; this was very nice feature. Service is excellent; the manger visited our table to check how we were enjoying our meal. The visit was more than an appearance; she did spend time and is very engaged in the conversation.
Even though the meal was not exceptional, we do plan to return when the temperature is inviting to their patio dining. The setting is excellent.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Austin
“Lovely ambience, good food, but the service needs attention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We've eaten here at least 5 times; we continue to come back because we love the ambience and the food but the service continues to be very hit or miss. We went to celebrate a birthday, and it took 30 minutes to recieve our drink order after placing it, and 45 minutes to get bread! We had a spill on the table and had to go to the hostess stand to get someone to help with the above issues, twice. The frustration stems from the fact that the restaurant seems adequately staffed, yet half the people seem to be walking around in circles with no clear direction. To the manager's credit, he did give us a generous discount on the food for the above inconveniences but that doesn't give back the frustration and time spent trying to flag down help rather than enjoying the celebration. We went last night again, and the staff was very accomodating in taking our order over the phone so that it would be ready to eat in as we arrived. The service, though, was still off- incorrect drink orders, no one checking to see how the food was, and bread not arriving till after the entrees and again- the same people walking around in a circle. I think with some proper training of the staff and a renewed focus on the customer experience, this place will be great. The fundamentals are all there- just get the entire staff up to speed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere