“Unexpected” 4 of 5 stars

512-428-5442
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Russian House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #182 of 2,938 Restaurants in Austin
Cross street: between San Jacinto and Trinity
Central Texas
“Unexpected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were looking for something different and we found it. It was my husbands birthday and the succulent elk pelmeni and the decadent Napoleon made him very happy. Our friends split the hunters plate and said it was delish

Austin, Texas
“Disappointing quality for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We visited this place last year and had very positive memories. My coworkers kept asking me to take them out (I was born in the Former Soviet Union and therefore "know-what-to-order"), so we went there after work on Wednesday. Looks like lots of things changed since my last visit. Well, my people got what they wanted - the exotic dining experience - but were not impressed with the service and the size of the main meals. We weren't pampered with personnel's attention either. They put an old-fashioned Russian comedy movie which was rather scary than funny.
What's wrong with the famous Russian generosity and hospitality??? We are in TX where everything is supposed to be big!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“very authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

without doubt, one of my fave Austin restaurants! i was born in Russia and grew up eating Russian food at home so I love coming here for a taste of the traditional, plus trying a new fusion of vodka (they have over 50 different kinds!). everything here is authentic, including the staff who are very helpful to my 'new to the cuisine' friends. i love all the old fashioned and eclectic Russian decor and memorabilia too :)
(if you're curious but unsure, visit them on a Monday night- everything on the appetizers menu is 1/2 price!)

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“A unique and fun experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Just had our first visit to Russian House, and it was great fun! Our group of 5 was seated in a private room with a VCR showing a Russian movie. The waitress was very helpful and answered all of our questions. We were thrilled to hear live music from a band called Mazel Tov. The food was delicious. We shared an assortment of appetizers, sampled various cocktails and infused vodkas, shared our entrees and sides, and also shared a dessert. The menu offers something for every type of diet including vegan, gluten free, seafood lovers, and omnivore. The assortment of infused vodkas was impressive and tasty, and the cocktails are unique. This is a great place to go whether you are with a small or large group. We will definitely go back to try more of the menu items!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Budapest, Hungary
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This place was great. I came back a year ago from traveling around Eastern Europe, so for my birthday my friends took me on a special trip to this restaurant. The place offered a good variety of Eastern European food, and it all tasted great. I especially recommend the blini with meat and the manty. I can say from long experience that the atmosphere and decor of the place felt really authentic, and our server was very nice. A very fun experience.

• Visited April 2014