“Hampton Capitol” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol
Ranked #1 of 182 hotels in Austin
San Antonio, United States
“Hampton Capitol”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This is an excellent boutique hotel that provides a very nice experience. Excellent access to both the University and Capitol and the parking access is really convenient. It's become my go to hotel for session as compared to a number of other hotels I've stayed at in the past.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Rudy G,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor! We apprciate your comments stating " an excellent boutique hotel", we agree that we are a unique hotel which offers something a little different then your ordinary hotel stay. Especially with our Austin themed decor and artwork! We are central to everything and especially close to the Capitol and University. We look forward to your next stay with us!

393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Hector, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is a good older building with excellent staff. Our stay was spur-of-the-moment and the service; check in to check out, was excellent. The pool deck area is a gem with a small pool and a good view. Older style ac/heat is noisey and fan is too strong. This was the only negative during stay! Underground parking is good with secure elevator service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for responding to tripadvisor! We appreciate all feedback and I was delieghted to see that you commented on our "excellent" staff. I agree, our staff and rooms are second to none in the city of Austin! We appreciate the feedback in regards to the pool area. We are one of the few hotels that has a skyline view of the city of Austin on our 5th floor and I believe the only one with a view of the Capitol!. Thank you for the feedback on our ac units, we are working on a pland to make those quieter. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Regards,
GM
Madison
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I was so excited to stay at this Hampton. When I booked, the rate was $350, and i had to call twice to negotiate a final rate of $209. As a Hilton honors member, Imm familiar with Hampton's. This location is nice and new, but in addition to the swindly rate quotes, I barely slept. My large room had an incredibly noisy ac unit that woke me up repeatedly through the night. You also have to let the water run in the shower for ten minutes in order to get water that's lukewarm at best.

I wouldn't complain if the price was comparable to the majority of other Hampton Inn's, but it wasn't. Simply not a $200+/night hotel. I'll explore other options when I return to Austin.

• Stayed April 2013
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Madison7882,

While I was disapointed to read your review, I do appreciate you taking the time to let us know what we need to improve on as a hotel. I do apologize for the noise created by the ac unit. We will look at your room and see what the issue is with the ac machine. I do apologize for your invoncenience. I also was suprised to see that the hotel had a hot water issue. I was sorry to hear that you were upset about the rate. We look forward to improving the issues you had with us. In regards to the rate. We follow the market of Austin and I apologize that the original rates were high.

Apologies,
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I chose this hotel because of it's location, near UT, and was pleasantly supervised by how nice it was. The room was large and very well appointed, with comfy beds, and great sheets. Both the room and the public areas were spotless. The staff at the front desk were all friendly, helpful, and very accommodating. They even recommend some very good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Hampton traveler,

Thank you for choosing our hotel based on its location and responding to tripadvisor. We appreciate that you took the time to let others know how "nice" our hotel is and point out large rooms, comfy beds, and great sheets. I was extremely happy to see that you thought our frontd desk staff was friendly and helpful. We do have some good restaurants in the local area. I was also delighted to see that our housekeeping staff had our rooms and public areas in spotless condition.

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel appears to be very new and is in a very convenient location if you are in town to do business in the Capitol complex. Just a few walkable blocks from the Capitol and several state office buildings. Just 2 blocks south of the UT campus, too.

Staff was very friendly and very helpful. They offered, before I could ask, that I could leave my car in the garage during the day after I checked out while I was doing business in the area. That was convenient.

Nice lobby area and a pretty good breakfast spread. Seemed to be a step up from usual Hampton standards, closer to Homewood, but with plastic utensils and foam plates.

Parking is expensive.

Dear Trialdog,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to appreciate our locatin near the UT campus and Capitol Complex. It is great to be close to the entertainment district as well without being a part of it. I was delighted to see that our staff was friendly and helpful. We take great pride in serving over and above the Hampton Inn standard breakfast. We look forward to your next stay with us!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, good parking, spacious rooms, good views. On first view, we thought that it would be too far from things in Austin. But we enjoyed the Capitol, university, and a couple of great restaurants. An easy drive to SOCO.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Sdwc,

Thank you for responding to tripadvisor. I was glad that you found our hotel nice with good parking. I was glad that you didn't think we were to far from things in Austin. We care a great location near the University and Capitol. We have many attractions located within walking distance: Bob Bullock Museum, IMax theatre, Blanton Museum of Art, Harry Ransom Center, LBJ library just to name a few. We also have good restaurants within walknig distance. We are minutes from the entertainment district where you can enjoy the nightlife, bas and music scene without being a part of it. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Defiance, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Overall a good experience with a new (OCtober last) HI&S. meets the suites standards, very comfortable rooms the new well designed standard with large flat screen on swivel, ample living and kitchenette space, smaller lav and shower combo but overall fit and finish and liveability at the new Suites standard. Ampe underground parking and reasonable walk to the Capitol complex. TexMex across the street and close to downtown for foodies, overall i recommend as a place to stay in Austin close to the Capitol Complex.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Hobietim,

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor. Thank you for recommending us as a place to stay. I agree we have a great location, central to the Capitol and University and close to the entertainment district. We take great pride in our rooms and feel we have the best rooms in the city. We are the only hotel that I know about that has 11 feet ceilings and a hotel full of unique custom Austin themed artwork. We do have a number of very good restaurants within walking distance. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol? Share your experiences!