You added Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol
Ranked #2 of 191 Hotels in Austin
San Antonio, Texas
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

What a surprise! Great service, friendly staff, impeccably clean rooms, and wow, what a Hampton Inn! I loved the furniture, finishing, and decor -- it really felt like an Austin hotel. The beds are comfortable and the showers actually have good water pressure. I didn't have any noise issues from the AC and didn't hear anyone near me, even though there was someone right next door. I've stayed in quite a few properties in downtown Austin for business and for fun, but this is the best value. You are getting boutique hotel quality for Hampton Inn prices. Breakfast was nice and hot with solid variety, so no complaints here. I can't think of anything wrong with it -- still amazed this is a Hampton Inn! Also, it was easily walking distance from downtown -- just a few blocks and right near UT as well. I only wished I had brought my bathing suit. Their rooftop heated pool was gorgeous and, even in January, it was a perfect day for swimming. What a view!

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a balcony -- the views are just stunning.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear saucerjess,

Thank you for the response on Tripadvisor. Thank you for the kind words, I will pass on the observations to our staff. Our goals is to make everyone's stay as satisfying as your was. We look forward to your return visit!

Sean Fitzgerald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Burleson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My daughter and I met in Austin for a mini-vacation and "girl" time. The Hampton was a good choice for us. It is new and clean with very nice rooms at a fair price. Beds and bedding were excellent. Breakfast was in a pretty lobby area, and there were plenty of choices. The location of this hotel is perfect. It is close to both the university and capitol--easy to get in and out. I will definitely choose this property again. We parked in an adjacent lot as we thought the hotel parking was overly expensive, however.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear JaeJae,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to tripadvior. I was glad thet you decided to spend some "girl time" at our hotel. Thank you for recognizing that our beds are "excellent" and that you enjoyed our breakfast experience. We agree that we have a great location where you can enjoy all that Austin has to offer without being part of the entertainment. We look forward to your next stay with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

The service was great. Upon checkin the Manager on duty, Sean Fitzgerald, upgraded me from a standard king to a king suite. This was the most spacious room I've ever stayed in. The hallways were huge. The lobby was very colorful and hip. The entire hotel had cool furniture and deco. This hotel has trashcans and recycle cans. Very Eco friendly! The only downside was noise from other guests in the hallway at night and people talking outside on the street, but the hotel staff can't control that.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Bachatera 2012,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed with the decor of the hotel and the space of the room. I appreciate you taking the time to recognize the service of our staff. Our team takes great pride in taking care of our guests. I agree with the noise caused by other guests. We look forward to having you stay with us again!!

Regards,

Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel was very nice, clean and decorated well. The bed was comfortable and the location is great. The only problem I had was the AC was " Very" loud when it clicked on and off. It kept me up all night.... No sleep at all... I did inform the front desk the next morning and they seemed concerned. I hope they fix it before assigning this room to another guest....

I would give this hotel another try when visiting my daughter at UT. The staff was very professional and the atmosphere was pleasing....

Room Tip: Lots of A/C noise...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Texas Hopper,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us on tripadvisor. We appreciate you letting us know what we can improve on. As a new hotel, opened Oct 18, 2012, your feedback helps us identify areas to improve on. I appreciate the kind words in regards to the cleanliness and the decor. Thank you for letting us know about the AC noise. We have fixed the issue and have made our maintenance / housekeeping team aware of the issue as a whole to make sure the ac noise is a non issue in the future. We would appreciate the opportunity to have you stay with us again and exceeed your expectations.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

For our 25th anniversary, my husband and I decided to stay in downtown Austin. We thoroughly enjoyed this brand new hotel in a wonderful location. We walked through the capitol grounds to dinner. The service was excellent, staff very friendly, and the room was spotless! We especially enjoyed showing off our room and the view of Austin to our best friends who came to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for 712- great view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Carolegoodmanp,

Thank you for responding to tirpadvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your stay with us. I was so happy to see you felt our staff was EXCELLENT and friendly and that our hotel was spotless. We agree and I will pass on the kind words to our staff who take great pride in making this the best hotel we can be. I am glad to hear that you were able to show off your roomto your friends. We agree that our rooms are the best in the city and better then the four seasons. Our hotel is Austin themed and our artwork and "keep austin weird" decor makes us a truly unique experience. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We loved our stay at this Hampton Inn. It's in a fantastic location between the Capitol and the UT Campus. We had great views of the downtown skyline from the pool deck and our room's balcony. Our room (a suite) was big with high ceilings, and huge windows. Nice decor, both modern and comfy. The lobby looked like a "big city" hotel lobby not the standard Hampton lobby, and the breakfast bar had a nice selection. We felt very at home and were sorry we could only stay one night. Next time we need to stay in Austin we will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sean F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Saml,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to Tripadvisor and give us feedback on how we are doing. I was glad to read that you "loved" your stay with us and appreciated our location between the campus and the Capitol. I was also glad to see that you appreciated our high ceilings and decor of the hotel. We were very happy that you loved our complimentary breakfast. We look forward to your next visit to Austin!!

GM
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay at ths hotel. The location is amazng - you can easily walk to the Capitol and to the University of Texas campus. Walking downtown is a little over a mile, so you can either walk if you're looking for some exercise or take a cheap taxi ride. (As a note, there is a $1/person surcharge in the evenings.)

The hotel has a great atmosphere and spotlessly clean rooms. The beds were so comfortable! The breakfast was very nice too. You have a good choice of both hot and cold items, so we always left the hotel for our day's adventure feeling full!

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a full 5 stars is because despite the wonderfully comfortable beds, neither my husband or I slept well during our 3 nights here. The A/C system was insanely loud and would come out regularly throughout the night. There was also a pumping-system-type sound that went off regularly as well. In the middle of the final night, I finally put in my earplugs which did help. My other tip is to avoid paying the hotel's high $19 parking charge per night. There were plenty of metered spaces across the street from the hotel that were free on the weekends and evenings, plus there is an entire public parking garage also across the street that is also free on the weekends and in the evenings.

Overall, if you're looking for a nice, clean place to stay in a good location in Austin, this is a great choice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sean F, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Jacq 2319,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on tripadvisor!! I am happy to see that you are "overall very pleased" with your stay with us. I appreciate that you were able to give us such a detailed response. Thank you for your comments about our hotel being soptlessly cleaned and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. I apologize for our AC unit keeping you up and will locate what room to fix the issue. I know this is an uncommon issue with our hotel, but will fix the issue immediately. PARKING- I apologze for our parking rates but we are set in between our competitors in the local area for a downtown property. I know this can be frustrating! We do have underground secured parking. We look forward to your next stay!!!

GM

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Austin @ The University/Capitol? Share your experiences!