“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 184 Hotels in Austin
Lindsborg, Kansas
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed at this hotel three nights in July while in Texas visiting our new grandbaby. We try to stay at Choice hotels as much as we can since I get a fabulous Kansas Farm Bureau discount and get to rack up Choice Privileges points as well.
Hotel is nice and well maintained inside and out. Always very clean, I never saw a mess. Indoor pool area looks clean, water looked very clear. We did not swim. There is no hot tub.
Our room had a King bed and sofa. Very spacious. Bed was excellent. Room was done in browns and blues as another reviewer complained--but I thought it was very nice and fresh and pleasing to the eye. We did have a room facing I-35 and if you listened for it, you could hear traffic, but it never bothered us a bit. Mini fridge and microwave in room. Nice big TV mounted on wall.
As many others have stated, one of the great things about this hotel is the breakfast. It is very plentiful. Waffles, fresh fruit (cut pineapple, watermelon, honeydew), real eggs scrambled, either plain or each day we were there, they also had scrambled eggs with a meat or pepper in them. Gravy, biscuits, bacon or sausage. Pastries. The orange juice was actually good and not that watered down junk you get at many continental breakfasts. Oh and real dishes and silverware to use for your breakfast. Dining area was spacious and clean, lots of room.
We stayed over the busy 4th of July weekend, but noise was never an issue day or night. Fast check out, not quite so friendly as check in--I was a bit surprised we weren't asked anything about our stay--but hey, we had a great stay, so whatever!
My only complaint: Non smoking hotel--hooray! Non smoking hotel that puts designated smoking area beside the front door, on both sides of it--not so great. I did not enjoy going through clouds of smoke into the hotel several times as people smoked right by the door. That just makes no sense to me. If management reads these reviews, and I would suspect that you do, I also really tend to stay in hotels where the manager responds to Trip Advisor reviews.. Makes me think they are looking and listening and always trying to improve. Just sayin'! We would definitely stay here again and had a wonderful and restful time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Austin for a conference at UT and needed someplace close enough but not at crazy prices. I enjoyed the price and was happy with the distance away. It is located at the last exit before 290 east turns into a toll. It is an easy off easy on to get back into Austin and I-35. The receptionist greeted me and even notified me when the card was different than the one I reserved with. Great eye for detail. She gave me many suggestions for dinner. She was a great first impression of the hotel. She even asked if I was ok with being on the the 3rd floor.

The king suite that I had was large, roomy and clean. The bed was very comfortable with good sheets. Soundproofing may have been a bit overlooked as I could hear people talking outside my door. This could have been a problem if people in the hall were loud or there were children running in the hall. The guests around my room were good and quiet, so there wasn't any issues.

The breakfast was really good for being included in the price of the room. There was a cheese omelet, sausage links, ham, and make your own waffles. There was also cereal, pastries, yogurt, and hard boiled eggs.

There was an outdoor pool that was a bit small without a whirlpool. I didn't use this although it looked good enough. I don't know how much I would have liked traversing through the lobby to get to the pool.

Overall, it is a great hotel with a great price. It is close enough to 290 and I-35. I will stay here the next time I am in Austin.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

This is a newly built hotel. The hotel appeared nice upon entering the lobby and when walking to out room, although there were already stains on the carpet. The room itself was a nice size, and has a mini-fridge and microwave (something I always like). The bed was not comfortable, we had issues sleeping. The shower head dripped, but bathroom appeared clean. Overall, I would say just average. It did seem clean, but the bed being uncomfortable was a huge issue for us.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We have not stayed at a Sleep Inn for some time so were very surprised when we walked into this one. The place is exceptionally clean from the main entrence to the room. We were given a King Suite and the shower was both unusual and very comfortable - a walk in stall with no door or curtain necessary. The bed was very comfortable. The room had both refrigerator. All in all it ws a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mequon, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were visiting for five nights over Commencement weekend at UT. We were pleasantly surprised that the hotel was new. It was very clean and in an area where we felt safe. I felt the room was of adequate size, especially for the price. Everything was clean and fresh. My only disappointment was that there was no tub. The shower was very nice, but I had been looking forward to a long soak in a tub.

Staff was friendly, efficient and helpful.

The breakfast area was open and nicely decorated, and the hot food was more than we had expected...something for most tastes. There was a good selection of both hot and cold foods.

We had an enjoyable stay and would definitely return. If your plans only involve the downtown area, you would probably want to spend more and stay much closer in. Driving on I-35 is not my idea of a good time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is my first time staying at this place and I have to say, it was excellent. The room was big, it had all the great extras like a mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer. But the best part was the built in jacuzzi, yes it was in our room!! And the price was extremely reasonable. They did not have a hot breakfast but the continental was almost as good. The staff was nice and friendly too! We will be staying here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a jacuzzi!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

This is a newish Sleep Inn off of I-35 near Austin. The drive into the city is easy unless it is rush hour. The room, common areas, and dining room are very clean. The king room we reserved felt cramped; it appeared that a king bed was in a room made for one full bed. We opted for the "suite" which included a couch and a bigger bathroom. We were told all king rooms face the interstate. The breakfast went beyond anything we've ever experienced in a hotel at this price range! Yes, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a queen if you are bothered by road noise. Pay the extra $10 for a suite if you want to sprea...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!