“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 187 Hotels in Austin
Lawrence, KS
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

As some of the other reviews indicate, this is a brand new hotel that sits just off of Interstate 35 and is approximately 20 minutes north of downtown Austin. Our prior experiences with Sleep Inns (several years ago) were not great, so I was a bit reluctant to try this one -- but decided to give it a shot based upon the good TripAdvisor reviews. And boy were the reviews right! The hotel was extremely clean. The room, which was on the backside of the hotel, was extremely quiet. And the breakfast was surprisingly good. So, all in all, this is a terrific value, especially when you consider the price of other Austin hotels. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We would recommend a room on the backside of the hotel, away from the interstate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Look no more if you seeking a clean, comfortable motel in Austin. This one is less than a year old. Pristine clean. Comfortable, quiet rooms. Nice fitness room. Nice indoor pool with an outside area for sunning and sitting around. Great breakfast with a lot of variety. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from the highway and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Let me start off by saying, if you are a smoker or are traveling with smokers STAY FAR, FAR AWAY from this particular hotel. The management blatantly discriminates against smokers. It is a 100% smoke-free hotel & they charge a $250 smoking fee. However, they neglect to inform you that if you bring any tobacco products (i.e. wrappers etc.) & dispose of them in your room during the duration of your stay you will be charged the $250 fee as well; even if you never smoke in the room. My friends & I had to find all of this out the hard way. Upon checking out, I was never informed that I would be charged the smoking fee; nor does it appear on my copy of my receipt. Even the day after checking out I called the hotel to inquire about charges (they do separate transactions depending on how many days you stay), spoke to two different employees & was still never informed that I would be charged. During this call I was specifically told that the charges were strictly for the room; nothing about a smoking fee. It wasn't until the smoking fee charge showed up on my bank statement that I was notified. I called the hotel again to ask why I had been charged -- my guests & I never smoked in the room, the room & the towels did not wreak of smoke, the smoke detector never went off, the window had not been tampered with, no butts or ashes were ever in the room, & none of the cleaning staff alerted the management to a smoke smell emitting from our room any time we opened the door -- & was told that they had pictures of tobacco products in Walmart bags that were left in the room & that was their justification to charge me the $250. I attempted to dispute the charge with the manager to no avail. Not only did she ignore me all 11 times I tried to contact her directly myself via phone/email & indirectly via guest relations through their corporate office, but she also refused to review the evidence I provided her on her own surveillance cameras that I cleaned out my truck with the Walmart bags containing the tobacco products before checking out & took it back up to the room (they only have one relatively small guest accessible trash can outside) to ensure that it was properly disposed of & she consequently also refused to give me a refund. After I complained to corporate, I was told that I could only obtain a refund directly through the hotel & if the manager refused to deal with me I was stuck with the charge. The general manager, Jennifer LaRose, still has yet to return any of my phone calls & the staff continues to give me the run around. Because of this I was forced to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau & am currently exploring my legal options. This hotel & its staff, particularly the general manager, aren't worth the headache. Don't waste your money & risk the chance of essentially being robbed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice new hotel, bout 20-30 mins out of Downtown Austin but so worth the stay! Good value, very clean, quite rooms. Friendly, helpful staff! We felt very safe and comfortable here! For those interested, great little gym and indoor pool! Would stay here again, and recommend it.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

From the start this hotel impressed. Handled my reservation over the phone w/professionalism and friendliness. Upon arriving the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. The managers were also onsite and extremely accommodating. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful.

Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Upon arriving we were greeted by a friendly desk clerk. Check-in was fast and efficient. This is a newer hotel and the grounds were clean and well manicured and the entry beautiful. Our room was clean and very comfortable, but not overly large. The A/C was perfect and I didn't hear noise for other guests. The hotel sits quite a way off the road so freeway noise was not a problem. Best part of all, the bed was wonderful and I had two great nights sleep.

A couple of small negatives: there's no towel rack close to the tub and the bathroom is large so you have to step out of the tub to reach a towel. Parking could be better, mostly if those with trailers wouldn't take up three parking places.

When we went to breakfast our first morning I noticed a man talking to guests, cleaning tables and getting food. I later learned he was the hotel manager. This man, Brian, must be the most on the ball manager I've ever seen at a hotel! Breakfast was similar to other hotels, but they use fresh eggs. Brian made it a lot better just by his cheerful attitude and he truly wanted his guests to be happy and well cared for. They even had to-go sandwiches you could warm in the microwave.

I came to town a couple of days early to sight see before attending a convention. We stayed at the Sleep Inn for two nights then the Renaissance Hotel in Austin for two days. The Sleep Inn was more comfortable, cleaner, better managed and had nice staff. Give me the Sleep Inn any day. If in Austin again, I'll stay at Sleep Inn without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Berwyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was a lovely motel-Very new, very clean,comfortable bed, very smart decor. We had a VERY hard time finding the motel because the address was not recognized by our GPS...so we called the motel for instructions on getting there. We had a LONG driving day and then got stuck in Austin's rush hour traffic so we were very anxious to be off the road...but, despite 3 or 4 phone calls, STILL got lost and circled the same highway interchange twice....not finding it...but finally, given alternate 'back route' instructions, we found it. The staff was very apologetic and extremely friendly and helpful so we soon relaxed and enjoyed our stay. We loved the 'snacks' of potato chips and peanuts and bottled water that we were given upon arrival. Breakfast the next morning was excellent and freshly cooked. We would definitely go back....especially now that we know how to get there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!