“Would totally come back!” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #38 of 191 Hotels in Austin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Would totally come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Nice new hotel, bout 20-30 mins out of Downtown Austin but so worth the stay! Good value, very clean, quite rooms. Friendly, helpful staff! We felt very safe and comfortable here! For those interested, great little gym and indoor pool! Would stay here again, and recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

From the start this hotel impressed. Handled my reservation over the phone w/professionalism and friendliness. Upon arriving the front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. The managers were also onsite and extremely accommodating. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful.

Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Upon arriving we were greeted by a friendly desk clerk. Check-in was fast and efficient. This is a newer hotel and the grounds were clean and well manicured and the entry beautiful. Our room was clean and very comfortable, but not overly large. The A/C was perfect and I didn't hear noise for other guests. The hotel sits quite a way off the road so freeway noise was not a problem. Best part of all, the bed was wonderful and I had two great nights sleep.

A couple of small negatives: there's no towel rack close to the tub and the bathroom is large so you have to step out of the tub to reach a towel. Parking could be better, mostly if those with trailers wouldn't take up three parking places.

When we went to breakfast our first morning I noticed a man talking to guests, cleaning tables and getting food. I later learned he was the hotel manager. This man, Brian, must be the most on the ball manager I've ever seen at a hotel! Breakfast was similar to other hotels, but they use fresh eggs. Brian made it a lot better just by his cheerful attitude and he truly wanted his guests to be happy and well cared for. They even had to-go sandwiches you could warm in the microwave.

I came to town a couple of days early to sight see before attending a convention. We stayed at the Sleep Inn for two nights then the Renaissance Hotel in Austin for two days. The Sleep Inn was more comfortable, cleaner, better managed and had nice staff. Give me the Sleep Inn any day. If in Austin again, I'll stay at Sleep Inn without hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Berwyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was a lovely motel-Very new, very clean,comfortable bed, very smart decor. We had a VERY hard time finding the motel because the address was not recognized by our GPS...so we called the motel for instructions on getting there. We had a LONG driving day and then got stuck in Austin's rush hour traffic so we were very anxious to be off the road...but, despite 3 or 4 phone calls, STILL got lost and circled the same highway interchange twice....not finding it...but finally, given alternate 'back route' instructions, we found it. The staff was very apologetic and extremely friendly and helpful so we soon relaxed and enjoyed our stay. We loved the 'snacks' of potato chips and peanuts and bottled water that we were given upon arrival. Breakfast the next morning was excellent and freshly cooked. We would definitely go back....especially now that we know how to get there!

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would stay here again, but I would do things a bit differently next time, e.g., I'll ask for a room that is on the opposite side of the freeway where I assume it would be quieter and I would check the bedding for dinginess. The quality is fine for the price. I don't want to feel like I'm at grama's (as much as I love her!) - I liked the modern "dream" design. The staff were responsive and friendly enough.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My only caution is for those who use the online booking service: call the hotel directly to confirm your reservation. I had made mine two months in advance and when I arrived the hotel had no record of it. It was straightened out the next day with a small "room change" charge which I decided not to dispute.

• Stayed March 2013
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A little south of Austin downtown is this great little hotel. Nothing fancy, but for families its great. The beds are very comfy, rooms clean, water pressure in the shower is awesome. There is a small heated indoor pool the kids loved it. Breakfast was great Texas shaped waffles you make yourself. Service was great no problems. The only thing I would complain about was the price, I thought it was overpriced at 200.00 a night, but that might have been the timing or that I booked last minute also it was spring break and South by Southwest was happening downtown. It was easy to find, easy to find shopping nearby and restuarants. There is an IHOP close enough to walk too as well. Kids loved it and slept well. Its not fancy its not historic but it was a good place to rest and sleep!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!