“Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #40 of 187 Hotels in Austin
“Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

This was my first time in Austin and I chose this hotel based on reviews I read on the internet, I wasn't disappointed. The hotel was clean, the beds comfortable and the waffles delicious. The only thing missing was a pamphlet explaining what the hotel offered and the wifi didn't work for us. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

Been here 3 nights have 4 more nights to say. It's in a easy to find location close to a lot of things to do. For family's , business trips etc. I'm frm pa 1st time in Austin will be back every year .

• Stayed August 2012
Princeton, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Sleep Inn & Suites in Austin this past weekend (August 17-19) and found our stay there to be most pleasant. The room was neat, the king-size bed was comfortable, the bathroom spacious, the toiletries most adequate and of high quality, and most, importantly, it has a friendly and accommodating staff. We did not avail of the continental breakfast since we were there to visit my ailing mother at a local hospital, to which the hotel staff provided directions and also showed much empathy (for the reason for the visit). Parking is spacious at this hotel and access (both ingress and egress) to and from I-35 is safe and quick since the hotel is located along the frontage road. The hotel is also handicapped friendly since it has an elevator even though there are three floors only. I would recommend this Sleep Inn to the well-seasoned and weary traveler any time.

Room Tip: No noise from I-35 traffic even though our room faced this major highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Business trip to Dell brought me to town. Thought I'd try this place as I read it was pretty new. Hotel is extremely hard to find as one has to take an exit 2 miles away to correctly find the place.. Best to use the GPS on this one. Once there it's about an eighth of a mile back to the frontage road. Couple of fast food places, but that might be a scary walk @ night.

Brand new to Trip Advisor so I was rather thrown by all these glowing 5 star reviews that sound like they were lifted from a brochure. Sometimes things are too good to be true. Here's what I found. Was told the property has only been open a couple of months. Has that new construction smell. Check-inn was OK, but I had a very hard time understanding the clerk Victoria. Girl had a mouth full of marbles... and I'm from The South. Getting up to the room it was nice and clean as everything was brand new. Had a good sleep and the shower worked well enough, some more pressure would have been nice. Decent flat-screen with good cable lineup. Breakfast was standard high carb fare and nothing special. Left the following morning.

My advice would be to hire more professional desk clerks, maybe have a shuttle as this hotel is it's own little island, and be more competitive on the nightly rates.

Room Tip: My room faced the back of the hotel which was west. Lots of sun later in the day.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Nice, clean, very quiet place...with very friendly staff and a pretty good breakfast.

The assistant manager Gloria is truly an asset to the hotel...very friendly, professional, and quick to resolve any problems or issues...and very knowledgeable of the Austin/Pflugerville area.

Like the spacial arrangement of the beds and flat screen TV.

My only complaint was that it was hard to find the turn-off from I-35 at night when I first tried to find the place.

Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Second Floor, away from the elevators
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express when I come on my monthly business trip to Pflugerville. Holiday Inn was booked out and so they referred me to the brand new Sleep Inn and Suites down the street. Boy was I pleasantly surprised. I entered into a beautiful clean lobby and was greeted by a smiling welcoming young man.
My room was amazing, clean spacious, large bathroom, a very comfortable bed, a huge flat screen TV and best of all clean and fresh smelling. Shezaan, at the front desk recommended several restaurants in the area and I chose to try the Masala Wok and absolutely enjoyed the food.
I had plenty of time to kill in the evening and decided to try out the gym with high tech equipment. After working up a sweat I couldn't resist jumping into the clean refreshing swimming pool which I thoroughly enjoyed.
After a good nights sleep I went downstairs to a wonderful hot breakfast of eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, lots of fresh fruit, pastries, etc. etc., too many items to mention. Boy, was I stuffed.
I have to say I really enjoyed my stay at the Sleep Inn and suites so much so that it felt more like a vacation then a business trip. The rates are 30% lower then what I paid at the Holiday Inn. This hotel has all the pluses, therefore, will be definitely staying here on my future business and leisure trips. I have already recommended this hotel to my business associates and friends.

Room Tip: Kings rooms are huge and spacious
bethany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed two nights on a business trip, a nearby hotel had no vacancy. I stumbled upon this very new hotel and was very pleased. The hotel is very nicely decorated, the furniture is well appointed and comfortable. The staff was very courteous and eager to please. I had dinner at a nearby bar and grill which was walking distance and the food was great. The hot breakfast was perfect. The exercise room had top notch TRUE cardiovascular equipment which I enjoyed very much.
In summary, I feel that this hotel provides excellent value for the money and I would make it my first choice next time in Austin, hope they have rooms available.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!