“5 star burger” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luke's Inside Out (Food Truck)

Luke's Inside Out (Food Truck)
1109 South Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX
Cuisines: Southwestern
Austin, Texas
“5 star burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

First time to eat here. High quality, perfectly cooked 1/2 pound burger, ripe tomato, fresh spinach, "love sauce" and bacon. A little expensive, but hands down the best burger I've eaten in years.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
“Excellent, Inventive Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had The Shrimp ($10), which is a shrimp patty with honey bleu cheese spread and Granny Smith apple slices on a French baguette. The bread was crusty, chewy, and fresh (from Phoenicia Bakery on Lamar Blvd). The shrimp patty had a mild flavor, but the shrimp was high quality and didn't taste fishy at all. The honey bleu cheese spread provided a really nice sweetness to the sandwich and enhanced its overall flavor, while the crisp apple slices provided a nice crunch. The "parmesan chips" the sandwich comes with are just Wavy Lays with parmesan.

Luke makes the sandwiches, himself, and you can tell the guy just loves what he does. I would have never thought about ordering a shrimp patty sandwich, but I'm glad I gave it a shot and it ended up being delicious. Now I can't wait to try the other crazy items on the menu (like the Korean BBQ rabbit sandwich). While the prices aren't too friendly, I highly recommend Luke's Inside Out if you're looking for a big, satisfying sandwich that offers your taste buds something new.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Orange, New Jersey
“Keep On Trucking....with LUKEs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Okay, I heard about 'Lukes Inside Out' on FoodNetworks' Diners, DriveIns and Dives, with Guy Fiero. Lukes is a mini Food Truck located outside of 'Gibsons', a bar-only establishment. What a creatively genius marriage to which these two establishments have vowed....And I hope til death do you part !! One cooks up the good EATS and the other mixes up the good DRINKS...genius I tell you...simply genius!
We were visiting Austin, Tx for an extended visit and Lukes was on my list to check out. If I had blinked I would have missed it....Thank goodness for GPS!
We ordered: the pork belly sandwich, a cajun type shrimp sandwich and after eyeballing another patrons food, I wanted what he had....I don't remember the name of it, sorry, but I took a pix of this beauty in a bowl...seafood with other yummies and greens. Just ask for the 'beauty in a bowl', that should work. I didn't eat most of it because I had already eaten the pork belly sandwich, which was good but would have been better, for me, if they slow-cooked then FRIED the pork for crispiness....at least that's how I do it at home. In this 'marriage', you can sit outside at a picnic table or sit in 'Gibsons' bar and have your food order brought to your table, without even knowing that the food is from next door, pretty cool right? Or you can order take-out right from the truck and keep on trucking....When in Austin again...I'LL BE BACK !

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pflugerville
“Excellent brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I just love trying new food, and we went to brunch at luke's and what a wonderful set up they had, the young lady waiting on us was so helpful and the food was amazing, thanks guys...you just have to love austin and the cuisine.

Visited December 2012
Porto Alegre, RS
“Lukes's & Gibson symbiosis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I found Luke's while browsing food carts in Austin area. I'd read about it and drove there, concerned about outside temperature above 100F. I ordered The Pig: awesome burger prepared and served by friendly people. Was then invited to go inside Gibson bar for beers. A/C, music, tap beers. Perfect match!

• Visited August 2012