“My Favorite Austin Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty sow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 3,158 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Poquito St
Description: Salty Sow comes out of the gate offering exotic and staple cuts — all under $16 — in one of the best spaces in Austin
Austin, Texas
“My Favorite Austin Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have lived in Austin my entire life & have never had a "favorite restaurant" until now. I had several that I loved, but I can proudly say The Salty Sow is my favorite. I have been here several times now, trying to bring everyone I know. Their food is just amazing. I haven't tried 1 thing yet that I didn't love. The Crispy Brussel Sprout Leaves are soemthing you have to order, so amazing! I will be coming back a lot!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Midland
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Good signature drinks, tasty appetizers(Such good Brussels sprouts we had a 2nd!) -- beautiful afternoon so the patio was just the right setting

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Dinner with friends.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had friends from L.A. In town for the holidays and we decided to dine here for some great food and great adult beverages and to be with good company. I always love the crispy chicken thighs,Brussels sprouts and duck fat fries. Yes. Fries deep fat fried in duck fat. Hubs had a bone marrow dish and this is the place o get it. Great place to have a great dinner with friends.

Visited December 2012
Austin
“Happy hour makes me so happy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

First time we came for happy hour. They have an awesome happy hour $4 menu. I loved the 'warm gost cheese fritters'! Catfish taco is very good as well. Can't wait to come back and try all the apps.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Here piggy piggy piggy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

To describe a restaurant as being upscale and hip seems to fly in the face of the decorating theme of pigs everywhere. It was quite charming on the inside. We had a table of 5 and everyone had something different and most were impressed with their selections except for the pork bellies but I don't think she really knew what pork bellies were to begin with. Service was prompt and and very courteous. Loved the appetizers of french fries with duck eggs. The calamari was different, it looked like the whole body was served, not just the tentacles and it was kind of chewy and not very appealing. We also had a bone marrow appetizer which was not worth anything. It looked and tasted like a limp thin beaten oyster. I had the pork blade steak with a Moroccan sauce which was very good, Arugula salad, appetizer, and 3 beers, $43.

• Visited January 2013