“OMG!! ROACHES EVERYWHERE.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #148 of 193 Hotels in Austin
temple
“OMG!! ROACHES EVERYWHERE.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

OMG!! ROACHES EVERYWHERE.Austin TX for a night to attend an ECIG. vap meet and we couldn't find anything quickly so my sis N law said they had stayed there and it was OK. Well that was 8Yrs. ago I didn't realize that. So we showed up spent $70.00 went to the room, smelled NASTY!! dirty walls, chairs, bathroom. well pretty much the building needs to be burnt down. The light bulbs were burnt out, no batteries in remote controller for the tv. Couldn't' get internet to work, the shower head needed Teflon and was spraying everywhere but down. No good locks on doors. Oh yes the pillows were quality I tore apart and made into dog beds when my Rottie was alive. My husband and I would not sleep under the covers in fear of bedbugs so we sleep on top of the bed and used the other comforter for a cover. The only thing that got me through the night was my sleeping pill and wine . The towels were pretty much rags, My dog drying towels are better than the towels we were offered. Geez motel 6 is not the best but compared to H.O.TX. Motel I would give Motel 6 an 11 on a 1 to 10 scale. I have stayed in many Motel 6's and at least there aren't big [--] roaches in every room. We sleep with the bathroom light on just so the roaches would not come out of the wood work. And to think the health Dept. does not close them down.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank karencowboymojo

Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

We actually stayed for two weeks and if all you want is a place to sleep at low cost this place will do. At least when we stayed it was okay. Quiet but run down and needed a remodel. The room was clean but dated, the internet worked as did the fridge and microwave. It was a typical low rent motel but adequate and we will probably be staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed here a few years ago and it was very nice. Now it is a pit. No maintenance has been done for years. The microwave barely worked, no hairdryer in the room, the freezer section of the refrigerator needed defrosting, dust was thick in several areas in the room, and the bathroom was barely functional. Don't believe the comments on the hotel's website. I would never go back. The room rate was inexpensive but I feel ripped off by paying that much for a dive.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Traveler51697

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Houston, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2009

You pay for the room before you see it. There is a reason for this...you would never stay if you saw it. Large stains on the floor and bed spreads. Old mildewed shower and bathroom. No chain lock on door. Beds from the 1950's. A prime example of a flea bag motel. I can't say enough bad about this place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank retiredguy36
abilene
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

The room smelled bad,construction was going on,left after one night

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank wttktt
South Central Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I was in Austin coaching in an 18-under baseball tournament and needed an inexpensive place to stay on a Saturday night that was close to Westlake HS and St. Edward's U. I didn't need much: just a clean room with a shower, a bed, a refrigerator, and an air conditioner, for just one night, for a low price (on a weekend!), but in a reasonably good section of town. The Heart of Texas Motel met all of my criteria and then some. The motel looks exactly like what it is: an older motel that has been spruced up. I was a bit surprised to find that the motel's sign looked half broken, but the motel owners seem to have spent their money fixing up the most important part - the interior of the rooms. My room was clean, spacious, and cool. After coaching back to back games in 100+ degree heat, it felt great to plop down in an actual recliner (a nice touch), turn the air conditioner on higher, and drink a cold Gatorade. Then I went out to eat, returned to the motel, and took a shower. A nice touch is that there were two sinks, one inside the bathroom area, and a second outside. The only thing that I can find to complain about is that the wireless internet signal was too weak in my room for any sort of useful connection (I was near the hwy end of the motel). I could only get a connection if I moved away from the desk and toward the front window. But I didn't mind, since I was too tired to stay up anyway, and I had to be at the baseball field by 9AM the next day. I had a nice night of rest, since the mattress was comfortably firm (not overly "hard", but not soft either -- just right!). I woke up refreshed and ready to brave the Texas summer heat on the baseball field again!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Denton TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

This is the worst motel I have ever been to. When we walked in the room we were greeted with a horrible smell and huge stains on the carpet. In the bathroom their were tiny roaches crawling out of the sink and roaches in the shower. We refused to stay there. Never stay at this motel! The Heart of Texas motel is disgusting and a health hazard.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — many roaches in the room
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mandles17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
South Austin
Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 2 in Dripping Springs
4.5 of 5 stars 118 reviews
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park
Omni Austin at South Park
#40 of 193 in Austin
4.0 of 5 stars 804 reviews

Been to Heart of Texas Motel? Share your experiences!